Page 18

Janet

Gil and I held rehearsals for the kids. We found a few new dancers we both liked. One of them was a young man named Denzel. Gil being the creative director had a few ideas for him.

"I think you and Denzel should play around on stage" he said as we talked on the side.

I chuckled to myself. "What do you mean play around?"

"I mean he's a good looking guy. Maybe you guys should play into that for the fans. Give them something to talk about. Maybe he could touch you a little bit throughout the show" he shrugged his shoulders tiling his head.

"Maybe, I like that" I grinned.

The kids were stretching while talking among themselves. "Denzel" I called his name.

As he stretched flexing his big biceps he shot his head at me. The kid dropped his arms before jogging to my side. "What's up" he asked.

"Gil has a idea for the show. He wants you to be a romantic interest of mine throughout the show"

"What is that? Like you want me to make it look like we like each other or something" he questioned frowning his brows downward.

Gil slowly nodded his head. "Something like that, we just want to show a lot of chemistry between the two of you throughout the show from beginning to end. Is that ok with you?"

Denzel looked at me brining his bottom lip between his teeth and into a smirk. "Yeah, just don't catch no feelings" he said with a playful smirk on his face.

I couldn't help but blush shaking my head. "Try again" I said holding up my left hand flashing my ring.

He looked between the ring and I chewing his gum with a big smile. "Hey, I respect it" he said.

"Get back to stretches" Gil said.

Denzel laughed before running away. Gil looked to me with a funny look on his face. "What" I questioned.

"Don't catch no feelings" he said mimicking Denzel. He started walking off but I grabbed his wrist pulling him back.

He darted his eyes at me. "Wait I want to asked you something. Did you tell Joey about Christopher questioning the baby" I asked him lowering my voice.

"Yeah"

"Why, I tell you my personal shit because I trust that you can keep your mouth shut"

"You were going through it and Joey was asking me what was wrong with you. Janet I just broke and told him"

"Well don't tell anybody else about my business Gil, I mean it" I said stern.

He nodded his head taking a big gulp. "Ok starting after today"

"What Gil!?"

"Shhh, I told Tina" he said making my jaw hit the floor. "But you can trust her right" he questioned.

"Gil that's not the point!"

He began to laugh making me laugh too. "I can't with you. Let's start this rehearsal"

We rehearsed for weeks rushing everything before September seventh. September seventh was the first show of the State Of The World tour. Eissa was eight months by august. He was trying to crawl but Story always had him on her hip.