Page 31

Janet

Looking through his phone I was trying to read his messages between Al. "Baby check this out" he said before opening a link in his phone.

He brought the bright screen towards me causing me to squinted my eyes. "Corona... virus what is that" I questioned.

"It's the new virus that just killed a man in the state. I read about it a few days ago when it was in China. But Al just sent me this link, I guess it's in Cali now" he said.

"A virus so what is it like the flu" I shrugged my shoulders. "No baby it's worse than the flu" he said before lifting his head from the phone to look up at me.

As I continued to play in his hair he laid his head back down against my heartbeat. "This was the first case in California Janet, it's getting close to home" I could feel his voice vibrating through my body.

"So what do we do now?"

"I guess we wait to see what the department of health says"

I stayed for a quiet for a moment looking at his sprinkled grey hairs in his head. My fingers went deeper to his scalp as they messaged his head. He rested his body on top of mine as my legs rested by his sides.

Eventually Joey showed up dropping off both Eissa and Story. The doorbell kept ringing on repeat with a rhythm. I just knew that was Eissa, once I was at the door I opened it to Story holding Eissa to the doorbell.

Eissa stopped ay the sight of me with a smile on his face. His contagious smile put a smile on my face. Joey stood behind Story with a long face. "Hey guys" I spoke in a upbeat tone.

"Hi mommy, look what uncle Joey gave me" he said pulling a green lollipop out of his pocket.

"Aww that was nice baby did you say thank you?"

"Mhm" he mumbled before running into the house.

"Hey mom" Story said giving me a hug before going in after her brother.

I stood with Joey as he shook his head with a smirk. "I hope Eissa didn't give you a hard time today" I spoke crossing my arms.

"No not at all" he said trying to hold a serious face. Eventually a grin grew on his face along with mine. "Ok maybe he was a little pain in the ass" he said.

My jaw dropped. "Don't call my baby a pain in the ass" I said hitting his arm.

He instantly began to rub his arm where I hit. "Damn Damita, you forgot you were strong as hell" he said making me laugh. "Nah he was good but there was few times I had a short patience. I just gave him that lollipop so he'd shut up" he said making me ball my fist to playfully hit him.

Before I could hit him Joey grabbed my fist making me laugh. He began to grin shaking his head. "I hope you don't hit your husband like that" he said in a playful tone.

"Shut up Joey, Goodnight" I said before entering the house.

I could hear Christopher and Story talking following their voices. Entering the kitchen I found them talking while Eissa ate his lollipop at the counter. Coming from behind Eissa I put my fingers in his curly hair kissing the top of his head.