Page 35

Christopher

Our family survived the pandemic going into 2022. Story grew a few inches, the thirteen year old was five, two. She was only two feet shorter than her mother. Eissa just turned six that January, the same month Janet's lifetime documentary premiered.

 Eissa just turned six that January, the same month Janet's lifetime documentary premiered

"J" I yelled walking through the bottom floor. "J!"
Going upstairs I ran into Eissa who was in the middle of practicing his karate form in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey bud can I walk past you" I asked using my tall legs to walk around him until he karate chopped me in the leg.

"Hey you don't wanna fight with me" I said teasing him.

He lifted his head smiling at me. "You gotta get past me if you wanna see mom" he said.

"Oh yeah? Watch this" I said lifting him up.

"NO NO" he cried while laughing.

I tossed him upside down while shaking him as if he was supposed to drop loose change from his pockets. "Let me down" he cried kicking his legs.

"Christopher that's enough!" Janet's roaring voice caused me to instantly stop freezing. "Put him down before all of his blood rushes to his head" her voice came from behind me.

"You heard her" Eissa spoke in a sarcastic tone.

I put him down with a smirk on my face. He smiled flashing his teeth before running into his room. Janet came from behind me putting her arms around me.

"You know the documentary is seconds from starting" I said as she held me tight from behind.

"I'm not watching it" she answered right away.

"You don't want to see how it turned out for the public?"

"Not really"

"Alright party poop, what you wanna do instead?"

"Game night?"

"Alright" I chuckled. "I'll get the kids"

I honestly never watched the documentary, I was looking forward to watching it with Janet. But I know how she can be. She doesn't like watching herself on tv. Either that or she didn't want to relive the things she spoke about in the documentary.

"Alright kids it is a school night, we can't play game night all night" I spoke.

We all sat around the table as a family. All of our favorite card and board games laid out before us.

"I want to play uno" Eissa said grabbing the deck of cards.

"Alright baby, do you remember how I taught you to shuffle" Janet asked him.

He nodded his head with a grin. That kid was so smart he picked up everything we taught him fast. Story started the game with a yellow card. The game was going smooth I was down to two cards in my hand while everyone else had a hand full.