Page 13

Janet

I gave Jospeh a gentle hug. "Hi Joseph" he looked more fragile since the last time I've seen him in person.

"I've been thinking about you a lot Janet. I'm glad you came" he said before leading me inside his home.

"What are you thinking about when you think of me" I asked sitting next to him on his couch.

"Do you want water" he asked dodging my question.

"Joseph? What do you think about" I asked him again.

He placed his hand on mine looking me in the eyes. "Janet I'm so thankful that I had the chance to apologize to you" Terror overtook the expression on his face. "Janet I have cancer" he said stern.

I was frozen in a daze staring at him, processing what he said. The thought of him having cancer scared me so bad I could feel my eyes begin to tear.

"Don't cry Janet, I still have time" he said making me want to cry even harder. "Jackson's don't cry! Your a Jackson Janet, lift your head up" he said lifting my head up by my chin.

I shook my head letting my tears run loose. "Janet Damita Jo, you are strong don't cry" he said before pulling me into his shoulder.

I laid my head on Joseph's shoulder for the first time ever. Mothers always been the more nurturing one. This was rare coming from Joseph. He held me till I stopped crying.

Once I was finished I lifted my head off of him. "I have some good news" I said bringing my frown into a smile.

He took a deep sigh. "Ok what is it?"

"I'm pregnant"

Jospeh instantly began to laugh. "Janet I'm happy for you" he said smiling for the first time since we sat down.

"I'm glad I got you smiling" I said enjoying his company.

Later that day I found my self staring at myself in the mirror. In my mind I judged myself. There are moments when I'm happy with the way I look. Most of the time I'm not happy when I'm looking in the mirror.

I guess today is one of the those days. As I stared at my body I held my baby bump with my left before rubbing it with my right hand. While in my deep thoughts of self judgment I could hear foot steps coming closer from behind me.

There was a warm presence behind me. I could feel his body heat on my back as I looked down at my baby bump. Next I felt him press against my booty before seeing his tan hands wrap around mine. His grip pulled my back into him. Once I finally looked up I saw Christopher behind me with face over my right shoulder.

He tilted his head towards mine giving me a adoring stare through the mirror. His dimpled grin was so cute I had to smile back as he maintained his eye contact with mine. "Whatcha thinking about" he asked me.

"You don't wanna know" I chuckled.

"Are you not feeling yourself again?"

"Not today"

"You are sooo beautiful" he said before kissing my cheek. "And you will always be beautiful. Janet you age fine like wine" I could feel his hips going in a back and forth motion.