Page 50

Janet

Janet

"Janet, you don't know how thankful I am for you" Gil spoke to me.

Denzel was back in action for the next show while Story and Eissa left. They flew back home with our nanny. I didn't want Christopher to hone either. Denzels ankle was fully healed after we got approval from the doctor.

We had our next two shows in D.C. so we got some rest at a five star hotel. I spent the night in Gil's room leaving Christopher to sleep alone. He understood I only wanted to be there for Gil. He needed some real support after losing someone so close. So I brought him breakfast in bed and babied him.

I continued rubbing his back that morning as he sat up in his bed. "I love you Gil"

His mouth curved into a genuine smile. "I love you more, happy birthday" he said causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait, it's May sixteen" I questioned slowly.

Gil nodded his head with a big toothless smile. "Go ahead, and spend the morning with your husband. I know he hates me, I feel like I'm keeping you hostage away from him"

"No not at all, I chose to be here with you"

"I'm not a baby J, I'll be fine" his mouth spoke but his eyes told me he needed me to stay.

"Are you sure?"

"J, please go be with your husband"

I stood up slowly before giving Gil one last glance. He gave me a half smile as I left. On my way to the room I checked my phone to see a missing call and a text from Story. Her text read :

————————————————————————————
Story❤️🌎

Eissa ate all my snacks again

Ask Betty to buy some more snacks
and get Eissa his own

Ok mom

I miss you so much, what did you do today?

I rode my bike with Eric
I miss you too

Happy Birthday to the best mom ever! Love you❤️
————————————————————————————

After reading her text I instantly texted her back with a smile on my face. I knew I had to call her back later. Once I entered the room I made immediate eye contact with that handsome man of mine.