Page 51

Janet

"You are beautiful, just like your auntie" Preston spoke to Stevanna as I watched him apply makeup to her face.

Stevanna sat in my chair as I sat back admiring her. I missed out on her first walk, her first word, her first day of school and so much more. Finally, I was at a point in my life where I wasn't going to miss out any longer. Nothing was going to stop me from being there.

"Thank you" she said.

"Close your eyes honey" he said.

Stevanna closed her eyes her eyes while I watched. It felt like bring your kid to work day. Stevanna was my little shadow for the day. She followed me to soundcheck and rehearsal before the show. Bryan couldn't stop staring at her, I was getting ready to tell him to stay out for the day.

"Alright and we're done" Preston said smiling at his work. He spun her around in my chair to face the big mirror.

Stevanna smiled big reminding me of myself. I saw so much of my own face in her. "Wow I like it" she said.

Preston looked to me cheesing. "Me too, feel free to take pictures and tag me" he said.

"Alright come on Stevanna, now that our makeup is done I want to make sure everything is perfect before I get dressed for the stage" I said.

Before every show Gil and I make sure everything is in place before I hit the stage. Gil held his iPad checking off his notes as I walked by his side. Knowing Stevanna was by my side made my work feel special.

After checking the lights, screens and stage I was ready to start the show. Stevanna enjoyed the show, I didn't want the day to end. I knew we had to part ways, I was heading to the next city and she was going home.

We said our goodbyes and I was back on my tour bus. This time Christopher and I weren't alone. Some of the kids and crew came onto our bus to have a little party. We rode to our next city pouring drinks and staying up.

Daniel started doing Karaoke singing Faith Evan's slurring all of his drunken words on the microphone

Daniel started doing Karaoke singing Faith Evan's slurring all of his drunken words on the microphone. I kept my head on Christopher's shoulder as I laughed at Gil hyping up Daniel.

"Come on D, baby hit that note" Gil sung with his red cup in his hand. That cup full of liquor didn't stop him from dancing. He dropped it low and everything without dropping one drop of liquor.

"Come on J" he said coming up to me. Gil raised his palm out to me but Christopher held my arm down before I could even reach Gil's.