Page 64

Janet

Keeping my eyes closed I patiently waited for Preston to finish patting his brush against my eyelid. I called my team right away, my team included Preston, Gil, Ken and my publicist. Ken and Margie, my publicist brainstormed what I would say at my coffee table in the middle of the living room.

Preston quickly beat my face, giving me a natural look. I didn't want to look too glam while telling the world my truth. Gil sat by my side being my support the whole time. The crew had a big ring light facing a stool in front of the fireplace where I would sit.

The plan was for me to record myself live for the world to see. Christopher stayed at the house with me while Joey took the kids outside. I didn't want them home, I didn't want them to learn of the truth that way.

They deserved a more sincere and face to face explanation from myself. I asked Joey to take them anywhere, the park, arcade, anywhere to keep them occupied. Preston seemed more nervous than I was. I watched as sweat sprinkled the top of his forehead.

"Are you nervous" I asked looking up at him as he hovered over me breathing heavy. He never breathed heavy when doing my makeup, I could feel his breath graze the tip of my nose as it went in and out.

"Yeah, I'm nervous for you J"

"Don't worry about me, thank you for showing up" I smiled.

"Thank you for letting me beat your face, in this very vulnerable moment"

Gil told Preston everything on his way to my house. The two of them stopped what they were doing to get here when I told them how serious it was.

"Thank you for being here" I said as he took his hands in mine.

"Thank you for trusting me with this secret" he spoke so sincere.

"It won't be a secret for long" only seconds after those words Stevanna came walking in, I could hear her heels before I saw her.

Everyone brought their attention to her. She wore a bright and yellow skin tight floral dress, her glow was breathtaking. She looked around the room before making eye contact with me. My nephew Austin followed behind as she stormed her way to me.

"Mom, what is all of this" she asking looking at the big ring light. Her focus was back to me and she looked frantic.

"Hey" I smiled sitting in my makeup chair looking up at her. I grabbed her hand trying my best to calm her. "Everything's going to be okay, my team rushed here so they can help me do this. I couldn't do it alone"

"Hey aunt Janet" Austin said from behind Stevanna. He gave me a half smile, I could tell he was under some pressure as well.

"Hey Austin" I smiled. "How are you" I asked.

He shrugged one shoulder and tilted his head. "I'm worried about Stevanna"

Stevanna was visibly in a panic, she wore fear all over her face knitting her brows together. "What's the matter" I asked.

"I don't want you to do this" she whined like a child.

My mouth slowly gaped. "Stevanna, isn't this what you and James wanted" I shrugged my shoulders. "What do you want?"