Page 58

Christopher

Janet and I still worked around each other without speaking a word. Three days with no communication is easy when you're upset with the person. I was honestly furious with her, she talked back and fought with me over something so small. Honestly, Betty was just a hard working woman in my eyes.

Us disagreeing over the nanny wasn't what set me off. It was her switching up on me last minute over a disagreement. We talked about going on a vacation together, matter fact she knew I was in the talks of planning it.

Now she's in Italy with her girls, the moment she left I wanted to break our silent treatment. I wanted to tell her to be safe and kiss her pretty forehead before she left. For some reason she stricken a nerve in me.

It was also so unattractive of her to act that way. So I fell back and let her do her. She'd come around once she realizes she was in the wrong I guess. Till then I was back in the studio, trying to get back in my groove.

At first it was easy to ignore her when I'm so angry with her. Until I opened my phone, she seemed happy posting her vacation status for instagram.

 Until I opened my phone, she seemed happy posting her vacation status for instagram

"Yo, Christopher are you ready?"

The guys waited on me from outside of the studio booth. My engineer and producer both looked at me like I had five heads.

"You've been staring at your phone for ten minutes, We only got two hours of this session, are you focused today?"

"Yeah" I said putting my phone to the side.

The session was solid after that. I just needed to push through and keep my mind on the music. Without music my mind would be all scrabbled up. Betty was home with the kids, I honestly needed more proof to not trust her. I rushed home straight to the kids after.

I got home and called for the kids. "I'm home" I yelled after locking the door behind me.

I waited for a minuted to hear no response. "Betty" I called and still no response.

I ran upstairs to see Eissa in his room with his headset on sitting in front of his gaming set up. That boy had two big monitors and a pc. Janet gave that boy whatever he wanted, he was so damn spoiled at his age. I closed his door to let him play his game peacefully.

But then I noticed the sounds of weeping coming from Stories room. I knocked on her door first. "Story it's me" I said.

The door slowly opened to Betty. She looked worried looking at me and I could hear Story's weeping cry coming from behind Betty. "Wha-what happened" I stuttered.

"Eric broke up with her" she whispered to me.

"Oh" I didn't know what to say.

"It's ok, I got her" she said placing her gentle touch on my arm. "She's going through a lot of emotions right now"