Page 5

Janet

"Unbreakable is selling better than you thought J look at that! What did I tell you" Ken said as I had him on speaker phone.

Christopher began to dance from the kitchen counter as I sat in the living room. "Alright thank you Ken, love you" I said smiling like he could see me.

"No problem, love you, bye" once I hung up I shrieked out of joy. Christopher walked over handing me my cup of coffee before sitting next to me on the couch.

We had to have our daily cup of coffee sitting in front of the fireplace. Story was in school for the day. My baby was in the first grade already, it felt like just yesterday she was learning to crawl.

As Christopher got comfortable about to take his first sip of coffee he put his right arm around me. We began discussing my upcoming tour. The Unbreakable World tour was my first tour in four years. Gil and I were still preparing everything before announcing the tour to the world.

"This is the set list that Gil and I came up with" I said as he looked over my shoulder.

Christopher and I laid on the couch together as we discussed my upcoming tour. The Unbreakable World tour was my first tour in four years. Gil and I were still preparing everything before announcing the tour to the world.

Christopher extended his hand from around my shoulder to the front of my face pointing at the screen. His index finger pointed at the words on my laptop as he read the set list.

"I think you should switch these two"  he said.

"Which ones?"

"Black cat and If"

"That's what I was thinking but Gil was so—"

He cut me off with a stern tone. "Gil what!? This is the Janet Jackson show, not the Gil show" his sentence was cut short by the ringing bell at the door.

I instantly tossed my laptop off of my lap before standing on my feet knowing exactly who was at the door. Christopher got up with me before following me to the door. My hand twisted and pulled on the door knob before a smile appeared on my face seeing Story behind the door.

Story's face was different from every other day. When she would come home from school she would smile and jump into my arms. That day there was no smile but a neutral stare as she lifted her head making eye contact with me. What was wrong with her? There was no hi mommy, no hi daddy.

"Hey J" Joey said behind Story. "Hey Brooklyn" he said giving Christopher a head nod.

I crossed my arms looking at Joey. "Hey, what did you do to her" I asked in a playful tone.

He chuckled before speaking. "Nothing, Story why don't you tell your mom what someone told you in school today" he said before nudging her.

She rolled her little eyes at Joey's nudge before giving me her puppy eyes. "Jessica told me that you were on the Super Bowl" my heart sunk. My number one fear was becoming a reality.

"I said no she wasn't and Jessica said yes she was, she had her booby out" Story finished. She said it so nonchalant blinking her eyes at me.