Page 36

Janet

Dean and I started working together since the Metamorphosis tour, so he's fairly new. Funny thing is I feel like I've know him my whole life. He's so comfortable to be around. That's why he fits in so well with the crew.

He loves his job too, that's why he called me everyday after I told him about the essence festival. He'd call me everyday coming up with ideas of his own for the show. Eventually we just met up in his studio so he could finally show me his ideas.

 Eventually we just met up in his studio so he could finally show me his ideas

"You still got it girl" he said as I caught my breath.

I shook my head no taking a big gulp. "Yes you do, you work your hips better than girls my age" he said making me burst into laughter.

My laugh was so natural, it felt good. "That was a good laugh, I needed that" I said leaning back into the chair.

"Yeah? Why is that?"

"Oh please" I dropping my hand like it was nothing. "It's nothing that deep"

He squinted his eyes at me through the studio mirror. "You know what I think it is"

"What?"

"You need a vacation"

"Your right about that" I sighed. "Being a working mother ain't easy but I love my job and I love my kids"

"Nothing in life is easy. That's why I don't go easy on you" he spoke in a friendly tone.

Dean tried interpreting a new dance using the chairs. In order to do this dance you need a lot of stamina.
"You got the chair thing down pack" he said.

"Thanks but I'm not adding it to the show. I think I'll keep the chair tho, I'll just sit when I'm singing the slow songs"

He tilted his head. "Come on J, I believe in you"

"You forgot Ima old lady Dean. If I was twenty I could do that with no problem"

"Janet, you don't move like an old lady. That's why you have to do this"

"Oh stop it, you don't have to kiss my ass. Save that for Gil he likes it" I said. "Speaking of Gil we need to get him and the kids in here"

Eventually we started rehearsals with everybody. For the festival I only had male dancers. This was my first time only dancing with male dancers. Gil wanted to spice things up and I liked it. It was something new and exciting for the fans.

I promised Story I'd bring her with me to every rehearsal since she wanted to watch her mother at work. "Good morning everyone" I said entering the studio with Story.

The guys shot their heads in our direction looking at Story. "Good morning" Gil spoke.

"This is my daughter Story, she'll be with us every step of the way" I said rubbing her arm.