Page 41

Janet

"He's been cranky lately, he says I work too much" Dean said to me. "He just wants me to stay home. He says that's why he works so I don't have to"

We sat down at the long table with Gil. The three of us were waiting for the auditions to start. We waited in the room where the dancers would audition. Dean and I spoke about his fiancée while Gil stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry is that my fault" I questioned with a smile.

"Yeahhh" he sung in a playful tone. "No, it's not I love working for you. He just wants me home that's all" Dean spoke in his English accent.

"Believe me I understand" I looked between the two of them. Both Gil and Dean sat beside me.

"Which is why I'm bringing Christopher and the kids with us along the tour" I said waiting for them to respond.

"Ok" Dean said shrugging his shoulders with a free smile. "I love Story and Eissa so that's fine with me"

Dean made me feel like a weight was being lifted off of my right shoulder. Looking at Gil to my left I felt worried waiting for his reaction.

"Ok boss" he said unbothered in a dry tone.

I frowned my face squinting my eyes at him. "That's it? Is that ok with you" I questioned him.

He looked at me shaking his head no. "Yeah, that's fine" He said yes but shook no, I began to grow concern looking at his unbothered face.

I frowned even harder. "If your not comfortable with that you can tell me" I said.

"It's ok Janet" he snapped in a cranky tone.

My face changed as I loosened my expression. "Ok" Dean said breaking the silence. "Are you guys ready for the dancers" he asked.

My eyes never left Gil after his breakout. He avoided looking at me as he slouched in his seat crossing his arms. "Yeah" Gil spoke sharp. "Let's get this over with"

"Yeah" I replied.

"We're ready" Dean yelled facing the door.

The door eventually swung open with boys coming in. Each of the dancers wore a piece of tape on their shirts with they're numbers. There had to be at least sixty boys that day. We came down to our best ten. It wasn't easy deciding who I wanted. But with both Gil and Deans help we got down to our best five.

It was easier for me to get a closer look at their faces when I'm only looking at a small group. One of them had a oddly familiar face. I couldn't stop staring. Where did I know him from?

"Bryan" I whispered to myself as my eyes widened. It finally hit me, I was looking at Stevanna's ex fiancé.

"Huh? Janet what'd you say" Dean questioned.

"Nothing"

"Ok so we're down to five, I think it's pretty obvious who we should pick" Gil said.

"Ok, number twenty seven" Dean spoke.

"Yes twenty seven, he's good. What do you think J?"