Page 15

Christopher

"Story grab me the car keys and my phone" I demanded raising my voice.

Janet continued to squeeze my hand as I helped her to the door. Story caught up to us fast handing me my phone and keys.

"What's wrong with mom" she questioned.

"The baby's coming, we're going to the hospital ok"

I helped Janet into the car putting on her seat belt before rushing to the driver side. As I pulled out of the driveway I called Joey.

"Brooklyn" he answered in his New York accent.

"Hey Janet's in labor right now and we're on our way to the hospital" I spoke fast speeding putting the car in sport.

"Slow down" Janet groaned through her teeth.

"Ok I'm on my way" Joey said before hanging up.

"Ouuuu" Janet groaned punching my shoulder.

"Ouch, what was that for!?"

Janet ignored me as I glanced over to see her in pain. She balled her fist holding her stomach closing her eyes tight. I got us to the hospital as fast as possible.

Joey somehow beat us there like it was nothing. He rushed out the car once he saw me parking. "Hey I'll get Janet" he said before helping her out of the car.

Just like the last pregnancy they shut down one of the wings in the hospital clearing the rooms. Joey stood outside of the room on guard with Story as I went in the room with Janet.

My heart was pounding like a speeding car as I sat next to Janet. Her forehead was full of sweat and so was mine. The whole thing happened so fast as the doctor and nurses rushed in.

I was so fucking nervous as the doctor shook my hand and spoke to me. His mouth was moving underneath his mask but I couldn't hear a word. I nodded my head as if I heard him feeling Janet's grip tightening on my hand.

I held my mouth open the whole time watching everyone move. "CHRISTOPHER" I heard Janet yelling my name from the left of me.

I blinked my eyes picking up my jaw to look at her. Her eyes were wide showing the white around her eyes. "I called your name like five times" she said.

"I'm sorry I zoned out" I said. "How do you feel?"

"Better now the nurses gave me some epidural"

I don't remember them giving her epidural. I must've been out longer than I thought. "I love you" I said before giving her a kiss tasting her salty lips.

Out of nowhere the doctor stuck his head under the blanket above Janet's knees. Janet continued to grip my hand as the doctor guided her to push. After a hour of Janet pushing I could see the doctors expression change.

He smiled under his mask before I heard the sound of a baby's cry. My heart began to flutter as I chuckled before looking at Janet. She was already crying, tears were running down her face.

"It's a boy" the doctor spoke standing up with a baby in his arms. My smile grew hearing those words.

Of course the doctor and nurses cleaned him off before handing him to Janet. She began to sob holding the bright baby in her arms.