Page 73

Janet

He was too calm, Christopher began to lay his head back down onto his pillow as if he had no care in the world. "These are pretty serious claims" I said.

"Yeah" he mumbled before closing his eyes. My eyes squinted as I glared at him.

Sean Combs was being accused of many different crimes by Cassie in a lawsuit. It was all over the internet, media and even in my personal messages. I was getting endless of text messages from mutual friends of mine and Diddy's. The crimes he was being accused of were heinous, some disturbing. Everyone agreed to dissociate ourselves from him.

For Christopher to be so nonchalant about a situation as serious as the one accruing was weird. After that point on I had a suspicious feeling my husband had something to do with Diddy's downfall. He told Gil and I he'd take care of it and the very next morning, Diddy's name was in the news instead of mine.

I kept my mouth shut and played along with Christopher's plan. The One Musicfest was successful, my surprise guest J. Cole made an appearance. With him beside me on stage was a great look, as well as the new dancer and new costume change.

After the second show, it was as if nothing happened. My public imagine was back in good graces, Gil,
Christopher and I made a good team. I made a video thanking my supporters like Christopher suggested and we waited a while for the whole Diddy situation to cool down before announcing the tour to the world.

For once I could say I was stress free, Stevanna convinced Story to stick it out in school. I could spend everyday telling Stevanna thank you and it wouldn't be enough. She deserves so much more, so I gave her what she wanted instead, my time. Before any rehearsals or tours, I took some time off to spend some quality time with my family and favorite girl.

"Wow" Stevanna spoke amused. "What other cool tour stories do you have, I know you have to have thousands" there was a sparkle in her eyes.

The warm light, from the fire lit her face in the dark night from underneath her chin. I laid comfortable on my back in my beach chair looking back at her. The calm waves soothed my airs like music as I began to speak.

"Ok, I got a good one for you" I began to cheese reminiscing. We sat on the Bahaman beach in front of pit between us. Stevanna sat at the edge of her chair, leaning closer to me. "Ok, you remember the velvet rope tour?"

She tilted her head while twisting her mouth. "Com on, mom, you know I used to watch that tape everyday when I was a kid. Eliz used to have to pull me away from the tv screen" she said making me laugh.

"Ok, so every night we had to blow air into the props for the whimsical part of the show. You know all of those big balloons and props?"

She nodded her head with her wide eyes.

"So, one night the props wouldn't blowup" I said shrugging.

She creased her brows. "What the hell did you guys do?"

"Use our imagination" I said direct with wit.

She began to smile. "No way?"

I nodded my head widening my smile. "All I can remember was trying not to laugh while singing" I giggled.