Page 3

Stevanna

"Austin" my voice trembled. "I don't even know what happened" I cried in his lap.

He looked down at me before speaking. "You kept that big ass secret is what happened Stevanna. Everyone told you to tell him, even Janet" he said.

Hearing her name made my jaw tighten. I immediately sat up from his lap to face him on his green couch.

"Don't even mention that bitches name"

His eyebrows rose as his jaw dropped. "Stevanna are you mad at her again?"

"This is all her fault. If she would've just raised me like a normal fucking parent in the first place" I held myself wrapping my arms around my stomach. "Or maybe if James wore a fucking condom I would—"

"Hey! Don't do that" he cut me off.

"Your right, I won't blame James. I'll blame Janet" I said feeling the tears run down my lips.

He wrapped his arm around me rubbing my back up and down. "I don't know what it feels like to find out that your mother was living a life outside of you. But I think your mad at the wrong person right now"

"Bryan was my fiancé, we were getting married. I wanted to have children of my own. Treat them the way she should've raised me" I managed to speak through my sobs.

"You can still be a mother Stevanna and get married to the right man" Austin paused to grab me by the shoulders. He forced me to face him as he gave me a trusting look.

"Stevanna you are drop dead gorgeous, smart and talented. Any man would be lucky to have you. So what if Bryan doesn't want you. There's so many more that want you. So get yourself together and find a man that'll love you and our crazy family"

"Awe" I said feeling my glossy eyes tear up again. "I love you cousin"

"I love you too, just promise you'll tell the next one"

My eyes rolled as I turned my head facing forward. "Stevanna I'm serious, you can't blame Janet for the end of your relationship either. That was on you"

I shook my head sniffing my runny nose. "Please don't remind me"

"So what's next for you?"

"I don't know, Bryan's moving out" I said looking at my hands.

"What? So fast?"

"Yeah and he's threatening to tell the world I'm Janet's daughter" I said unbothered feeling defeated.

Austin was too quite. I looked to my left to see his face in a deep shock. Austin is my favorite older cousin. Austin is my aunt Rebbie's first child. We've been close ever since I was born. He's always had my back and I have his.

He began to chuckle. "Did I hear that right?"

"Yeah, he wants to tell the world that I broke his heart and I'm Janet's secret daughter"

"What are you sitting here with me for? We should be stopping him!" His eyes widened as he rose his voice.

I shrugged my shoulders shaking my head before looking at him. "How?"