CHAPTER 12

FIRST PERSON POV

As ordered, my entire fleet was inside my room.

Formidable: What's up?

Me: We have a mission, we have to escort a freighter to Vicha Dominion.

Terrific: What? Since when does an aircraft carrier act as an escort?

Me: Take it as a humanitarian mission and gunboat deterrence, actually the mission is not an escort, but a deterrence against Iron Blood who has become somewhat aggressive.

Drake: But I think that the effect will not be as expected since they have their advanced submarines and I think they could shoot us before we know it.

Me: I think you forget the main thing.

Drake: What do you mean?

Me: That could easily work with standard carriers like Formidable, but I'm the exception, remember I'm a weapon that shouldn't exist 80 years from now.

Hardy: That's true, if we have an advanced weapon, it's obvious that we will have the advantage wherever we go.

Icarus: But that won't make the carrier escort us, the escort escort the carrier... that feels a pang in my pride.

Me: what do you say? My plan is to make you guys the center of attention?

Hardy/Icarus: What?

Me: That way I can keep my identity a secret from the enemy while demonstrating the "effectiveness" of our fleet's sonars to the enemy and they'll think twice before attacking us. That would delay Iron Blood's attack by several months or years (if they plan to attack us at all).

Formidable: I see, but... What if the enemy attacks a fleet other than us?

Me: That's why I'm thinking of training other fleet carriers that can operate helicopters, helicopters have sonars just as advanced as my hull sonar.

Formidable: Are you thinking of giving up your sonars to the aircraft carriers in our fleet?

Me: Indeed, the aircraft carrier will receive the communication from the helicopter, she will pass the data to her escorts and the destroyers will do the dirty work.

Formidable: That's a good idea. Does the commander know this?

Me: No, this is an idea I just thought of.

Hardy: You're definitely insane.

Icarus: But I like it.

Me: Well, remember that in the operation we can't be the first to shoot, we'll also record everything to have justifications in case Iron Blood makes noise about it because of the attack, we'll just say it was in self-defense... if Iron Blood doesn't attack would also be fine since I don't want to start hostilities with another country.

Hardy: I think so too.

Me: That's all, we will move today in 2 hours, prepare all the basics, it will be a round trip mission, so we will be out for 4 days.

Formidable: You're right, cargo ships are not fast.

So we all nodded and prepared for the mission, however, what planes can I use for the mission, I would have to use planes with submarine attack capability, I only have three planes that I could use.

-J-31

-Dassault Rafale

-F/A-XX