CHAPTER 48

THIRD PERSON POV

To prevent Orochi from making disasters, Nagato decided to urgently deploy an advance fleet to intercept Orochi's fleet and stop her at any cost.

On the other hand, Eugen's fleet, she is somewhat upset by what had happened a few days before and Z1 makes fun of her.

Z1: You didn't see that coming, did you?

Eugen: You're right, who would have thought Kaga would choose such a violent approach.

Hipper: Are the sirens the ones behind all this?

Z23: Are Akagi and Kaga really with the sirens?

Hipper: It's pretty pathetic how the Sakura empire didn't realize they had a spy inside.

Eugen: (Thoughtful) Is it really just the Sakura empire?

The girls look at Eugen somewhat surprised by his words.

Eugen: Maybe in Iron Blood... or maybe there is siren influence in the upper levels of all countries...

Z1: What are you thinking about?

At that Eugen shakes her head since there is no point in thinking about these things now.

Eugen: Nothing at all, there is no point in thinking about it now, not for the moment, later we will have all the time available to do it.

Z1: (Joking tone) If we come out of that alive.

On the other hand, in the empire's fleet, the girls talk somewhat worried.

Takao: What have you done, Kaga-dono? This no longer has an excuse.

Shokaku: (sigh) I underestimated her, I didn't expect she would go this far.

Yamashiro: What will happen to her?

Fusou: If she is really with the siren, that is a betrayal of the empire.

Atago: Worst case scenario, we might have to sink her along with Orochi.

Yamashiro: (Worried) It can't be...

At that Yukikaze joins the conversation to everyone's surprise.

Yukikaze: This is not right... Ayanami and Akashi captured by the enemy, Akagi lost in action and now Kaga accused of high treason. Since the start of the war only bad things have happened.

Yuudachi: (Trying to cheer up Yukikaze) Oh dear! What's going on? We still don't know if they really betrayed us or not.

Atago: (Understanding) I understand how you feel, but...

Zuikaku: This is wrong... we haven't fought all this time to have to defeat a friend.

Takao: Zuikaku...

Zuikaku: We'll bring Kaga back, if she doesn't listen I'll slap her until she wakes up... Yes. We won't do what the mermaids plan!

At that Yukikaze runs and hugs Zuikaku while she cries, the girls' morale rises a little and Shokaku feels happy since this war made her little sister mature a little.

On the other hand, Kaga was surprised by Akagi's words when she spoke of the warship's capabilities.

Kaga: Sister? What are you saying?

Akagi: Oh come on Kaga (Hugs Kaga) Don't be so afraid, it's okay, I'm not going anywhere.

At that moment Kaga would realize that something bad was happening since she did not recognize the smell of her sister in this person who hugged her with great affection.

Kaga: No...

Akagi: Kaga?

At that Kaga separates from Akagi while putting herself on guard.

Kaga: Who is the one inside my sister's body?

Kaga attacks Akagi with blue fire and Akagi defends herself with her mask, using it as a shield.

Akagi: As always you are very complicated...

At that, scarlet flames begin to come out of Akagi and then behind Akagi the figure of a person forms and when Amagi's identity is revealed, Kaga is surprised.

Kaga: (Confused) Amagi-san?

Amagi: Long time no see, Kaga.

Kaga: No, this is not right. Who are you really?

Amagi: My name is Amagi, because that's what Akagi wants me to be.

Kaga: So you are Orochi.

At Orochi's revealed identity, she only smiles evilly.

Kaga: Stay away from my sister!

Orochi: Are you sure about that? After everything Akagi did to see me one more time?

Kaga: Stop talking, you fake!

Orochi: Please stop being hypocritical, you are also a fake...

At that moment Kaga remembers the real Amagi asking her to protect her sister, but that's not what she was doing.

Orochi: Amagi died, leaving Akagi behind, parts of them were passed to another ship...

Kaga: (in shock) Please stop...

Orochi: (Giggles) You know that very well, don't you? The person she spoke of?

Kaga: (On the verge of tears) Please stop!

Orochi: The aircraft carrier Kaga... (Points her finger at Kaga) You are a ship modernized using Amagi parts! You're a fool, did you really think Akagi loved you? Fufufu, how deluded, she loved you because she saw Amagi's shadow in you, but that was just a mere illusion.

Kaga: (Confused) Sister, I...

Orochi: You're not even a good replacement. You are a mere collection of deteriorated pieces, a ship that no one asked for and wanted... that is what you are!

In the end Kaga broke and obeyed Orochi without resistance.

TO BE CONTINUE................................