1.3 Friday night bites

I just got to school. As I exited my car, I could see Bonnie leaving Elena and Stefan alone. I took this as my chance to make Bonnie more accepting of the idea that she is a witch. Before Stefan and Elena could see me I made my way to Bonnie.

"Hey Bonnie, you okay?" I asked, worry filling my voice.

"Yeh, it's nothing" she replied, but I could easily tell she wasn't. I just need her to open up and tell me about the bad feeling she felt from Stefan.

"You sure? You know you could tell me anything right?" Bonnie met my gaze. "I promise I won't make fun of you or anything like that," I told her smiling at her, which I hope will help in making her open up more.

"Hmm. You're gonna think I'm crazy, but yesterday at the grill. Stefan came asking for Elena. I gave him her number and email and when I touched his hand. I-I felt something"

"Felt what?" I rubbed her arm in a comforting manner.

"I felt death. It's what I imagine death to feel like." She finally said.

"It's okay. Have you talked to your Grams about it?" I was hoping to get her to listen to Grams more. She may be drunk most of the time she talks about witches and magic. But she is still a wise woman.

"No. She is just gonna tell me I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch, do you?" She asked.

"I would love to," I told her.

She gave me a confused look.

"Witches are known as surveys of Nature. They are connected to the energies of the world, and because of this they can harness those energies and perform what people would call magic." As I spoke, I had a bright smile on my face. "Witches would have the power to protect themselves and the ones they care for with their magic." As I was telling her this, I didn't notice it, but I had an expression of wonder and amazement.

But Bonnie did and it made her wonder. Would being a witch be so bad?

...

"World War 2 ended in...?" The teacher began his lesson. "1945" Tanner answered after no one else did.

The teacher noticed Elena wasn't paying attention. "Miss Gilbert? Pearl Harbor."

"December 7th, 1941" Stefan answered after noticing Elena didn't know the answer.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." The teacher replied, gaining a few giggles from the students.

"Anytime."

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin Wall?"

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir." Stefan answered.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act."

"1964."

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963."

"Martin Luther King."

"68."

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe v. Wade?"

"1973."

"Brown v. Board."

"1954."

"The Battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Korean War."

"1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in 52."