2.3 Bad Moon Rising

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can't I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon, bourbon in your coffee?" Damon asked him as he made his way to us.

We were in the Boarding house. Damon had called me earlier and asked for me to come over. He and Stefan wanted to know more about werewolves. I suggested that we call Ric so that we could see if there was something in Isobel's research from her human days about this, in case there was something she knew that I didn't. Even though I know more than she ever would have, I still needed certain events to happen. Like meeting that woman at Isobel's old job. And Elena searched for info on Katherine.

"I was told you needed my help," Alaric answered him instead.

"Yeah. We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan explained to him.

"And why would I know anything about the Lockwood?"

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead-not-dead vampire wife might." Damon reminded him.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke's together," Elena explained to him, making it clear what Damon was saying.

"You said she had spent years researching this town."

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction." Alaric explained to them.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon spoke.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked him.

"The lycanthrope." He answered her. Stefan and Damon looked at him already knowing about them. Elena was the only one that didn't, since no one had told her anything.

"Wait, like werewolf's?" Elena asked him confused.

"Why are you asking?" Alaric asked them.

"Because on more than one occasion the Lockwoods have exhibited inhuman qualities. Tyler and his father were affected by the Gilbert device. Yet vervein doesn't affect them. They both have more than human strength. Not like ours but still too strong." Stefan explained to him.

"Now, Luna said they were werewolf's. All we need is to gain some information that Luna might not know. The best way to do that is Isobel's research." Damon explained further.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So, can we get access to it?" Damon asked him.

...

After our little meeting, we went and got ready for Duke. Elena went to hope to get some things while Damon, Alaric, and I waited for her outside.

I called Caroline to check up on her. She was okay, spending some long overdue time with Bonnie. Stefan was at home just in case something was gonna happen while we were gone.

The car ride was quiet. Damon never killed Jeremy, so Elena wasn't informing him about that. When we reached our destination, Alaric began to explain a little about Isobel's connection to this place.

"So Isobel was officially employed by the anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomenon is rooted in folklore." We arrived at the office seeing a woman at the front. If I remember correctly, her name is Vanessa.

"Excuse me, hi. I'm Alaric Saltzman, I called earlier."

"Yes, of course. I'm Vanessa Monroe, research assistant, comparative folklore." As she spoke, I could see her looking at Elan strangely. "Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys."