2.15 The Making of a new Hybrid

A/N: First, I would like to thank you all for the 2k votes!!! OMG!!! When I first started writing this book I thought it would gain some readers in a span of a few months. But that was not even close to the case. Within those months my book had gained so much more attraction than I ever thought it would and for that, I am beyond grateful.

Second, this is going to be a short chapter.

...

The dinner was nice after I sent John away. Stefan and the others got to know Enzo and Kol. They were both nervous since this was the first time they had spent time with them. They usually just stick by me and Damon. Elijah kept staring at Kol, making him fidget nervously. But luckily I managed to calm him down throughout the dinner.

It was the next morning after the dinner. Enzo and Damon were still asleep since they spent most of the night doing things to one another that would send someone's grandma into a coma. Thank the gods the rooms are soundproof.

Me and Kol had just finished breakfast when I took him outside into the small forest out back. We walked a few minutes in peaceful silence when Kol broke it.

"So, what are we doing out in the woods?" He wondered confused yet amused.

"I want to give you something you lost a long time ago." I gave him a cryptic answer.

"And that would be?" He questioned drawing out the 'be'.

"Your magic." I simply stated.

Kol froze for a moment in shock while I kept on walking. After a few seconds quickly ran over to me as I was a few feet in front of him by now. After my reveal, we walked in silence once again.

After another minute we had gotten to a clearing. It was the same place we had our first date.

"This is where we had our first date." He stated remembered the night very well. It was one of the happiest moments of his long life.

"Yes. I believe this would be the perfect place to return to you your magic." I explained to him carrying a sweet smile.

"How are you gonna return to me my magic?" He asked me confused.

"You will be given magic again yes, but it won't be the one you had in your human days. That magic is lost to you forever."

"Then what kind of magic are you going to give me?" He wondered even more confused than before.

"You do recall Bonnie, right?"

"Your witch friend and student."

"Yes, her. A while back I severed Bonnie's ties to the ancestors. I made her magic her own. So it would come from her, and not from them or nature. I made her a core witch." I explained to him.

"Core witch? I have never heard of something like that before." He muttered confused.

"Core witches are not an idea of this world. Truth be told, before Bonnie there was no such thing as a core witch. I didn't know it back then, but when I made her like that, I had unknowingly created a new species. Bonnie isn't just a core witch. She is the original core witch."

As I explained Kol had a look of amazement and love directed towards me. He was amazed but not surprised that I had done something like this.

"You'll turn me into a core witch." He stated more than questioned.

"Yes. Like Bonnie, there will be a small amount of my power coursing through your veins. This is what allows you to conjure something from your imagination, this is what gives you the magic. Like nature and the ancestors are the source of magic for witches, I will be the source of magic for you two." I explained to him as simply as possible.

When Persephone had finally told me about being a goddess she had gone to explain many things. She explained how I had made Bonnie a new species. She explained all about magic, energies, and how it all works. And let me just say it's a lot to take in. But that was the summary version of it.

I took Kol's hands and brought him to the middle of the clearing. As I met his gaze, my magic began to manifest. Violet tendrils came from my hands and danced across his. As the energy danced across his skin, the veins beneath glowed a violet color. The energy soon converted his entire body, and just like mine, his eyes blazed a violet color.

Gazing upon his glowing eyes I instinctively made my own eyes blaze their violet color. Our eyes now matching. A general breeze passed by us as the energy calmed down and disappeared.

"Congratulation little mischief. You are now one of the most powerful beings to walk this earth. A hybrid of a core witch and original vampire."

Kol gazed upon her with a beaming smile. Words could not describe the amount of love and happiness he felt at that moment, so he did the only thing he could think of. He wrapped his arms around her waist a brought her into a love-filled kiss.

The kiss seemed to last an eternity but in reality, only a few seconds since they needed to breathe.

After our moment we return home. I took him into my study and from there on I taught him how to use his new magic. We discovered that his vampire aspects had increased. Vervain has no effect at all anymore, found that out when he accidentally touched a vervain-infused object on my shelf. I also placed a protection spell on him that I came up with a few days ago.

This will make it so the white ash daggers won't work on him anymore, meaning Klaus can no longer use that one on him. Not that he could anyway. I destroyed the one he used on Kol. One dagger down, 3 more to go.