2.1 The Return

After last night Caroline made a miraculous recovery. Or, that's what those who don't know about what Damon did is saying.

It was the next day. Damon had called me in the morning telling me about what had happened yesterday, when he had gone to check up on Jeremy on my request. Elena had tried kissing him, but he pushed her away, and yelled at her for trying to kiss him when she was with Stefan, and knowing he barely tolerated her.

I told him it wasn't Elena but Katherine. About half an hour later we gathered at Elena's house and talked about what happened. Stefan never tried attacking his brother, he was happy that Damon stood up for him. Elena was not amused by Katherine's actions and didn't comment on anything that Damon and Katherine did. Knowing Damon would never want to kiss her.

We talked about how Katherine was invited into the Gilbert residence. How she attacked John and cut off his fingers, removing his Gilbert ring. Then tried killing him. Luckily Elena came home just in time, forcing Katherine to flee. John was now in the hospital, just having been threatened by Stefan to leave town.

It was currently at a gathering at the Lockwood mansion. The funeral was gonna take place later that day, but by then almost everyone would be gone.

I watched as the people gathered, drinking and talking with one another. As I looked around, I noticed one important thing that amused me. No one was mourning him. I could feel it, their emotions. No one was really sad except for his wife and Tyler. Other than those two, people were just here because he was the mayor.

I mean, who can blame them? The guy was an abusive dick, even if they didn't know about his abusive tendencies. Although he hasn't abused Tyler in any way for months. I may or may not have threatened him with some fake footage I created with my magic. Luckily it was real enough to scare him straight.

I saw the black sheep of the Lockwood family arrive. Mason Lockwood. He was the younger brother of Mayor Lockwood (Don't remember his name). He unlike his older brother and nephew Tyler Lockwood, was a triggered werewolf.

Werewolves are a species that comes from a bloodline curse. Making the human born with the lycanthropic gene. The Lycanthropic gene exists within the father's bloodline. Meaning Tyler got it from his dad, just like his dad and his uncle got it from the Lockwood before them. The gene passes through both the males and females of the Lockwood bloodline. But only those who are a Lockwood by blood.

The curse is triggered when he or she takes a human life. Whether it was an accident or not, is irrelevant.

Tyler and his now-deceased father were unaware of their supernatural blood. Even though they have never triggered their curse and turned, they are still supernatural.

Mason, Tyler's uncle on the other hand is well aware of his supernatural heritage. From what I learned from the show, back in Florida, Katherine had compelled one of his friends to pick a fight with him. One push was too strong, and the friend cracked his head on the concrete. Resulting in his death and the curse triggering.

I was just walking around waiting for the moment when Katherine showed up. She was to come here before Elena did. Mess with Bonnie, and then Stefan. But I was gonna take this time to finally talk to her.

I used my magic to search for her, her mind, and her vampiric aura. Sensing her, I made my way to her location. When I got there, I heard her speaking to Bonnie.

"We haven't officially met. I'm Katherine." The old vampire introduced herself.

"I know who you are," Bonnie said calmly. She didn't need to worry. Unlike in the original timeline, Bonnie could hold her own.

"Of course you do. You're the best friend, right?" Katherine asked her. "I've been putting all the pieces of Elena's life together. Isobel told me it was a bit of a puzzle. I do know who Jenna and Jeremy are. I've met that delicious ex-boyfriend, Matt, who's sweet on Caroline, and then there is you, the vampire-hating Bennett witch. Did I do good?"