1.19 Miss Mystic Falls

A/N: Sorry there was no chapter yesterday. After having my Norwegian mock exam I was too tired to write something. And the internet being terrible the entire day, did not help at all.

...

It was the next day and we were in class. We were all in our seats when Alaric started the lesson.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day. Apparently, the community leaders feel it's more important than World War 2 but hey what do I know?" Alaric is interrupted when the classroom door opens revealing Bonnie.

"Sorry, I'm late." Bonnie apologized.

"Well, it looked like we will be at full occupancy. Welcome home, Bonnie."

Bonnie sat down in her seat sending me a bright smile, one that I returned. As she turned around, she made contact with Elena and Stefan. Elena smiled at her and Bonnie gave a small one. As her gaze drifted to Stefan, her smile dropped altogether. Bonnie never really liked Stefan, always got a dark feeling from him.

After class, me and Bonnie made our way outside.

"Bonnie." Elena's voice could be heard as she made her way over to us.

"Hey." Bonnie greeted her.

"Hey. I... I tried to grab you after class, but you had already taken off." Bonnie and I stopped walking and turned to Elena. "How are you? How's your family?"

"It's going great. Grams is settling in nicely. Everyone else is being very welcoming." Bonnie explained to her. Bonnie Grams moved away after we convinced her to do so. This town was too dangerous for her and was only going to get worse. It was best this way.

"Everyone here missed you." Before Elena could continue, Caroline came over, hugging her.

"Bonnie, thank God you're home. I missed you."

"We both did little witch," I told her giving her a side hug.

"I know you, me and Luna talked every day, but we missed you." Elena gained a hurt look when she heard Caroline. Bonnie hadn't talked to her at all, but she has been in contact with us every day. "How are you doing?" Caroline asked her.

"It's better. I'm gonna miss my grams, but she is only a few hours away. I'm glad to be back. Just trying to keep myself busy right now. Trying to get used to the feeling of not having grams around."

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe confab needed, ASAP. You and Luna need to help me pick up the perfect dress for the Founder's Court." Caroline spoke exited.

"The Founder's Court? Did I miss something?" Elena asked confused.

"The Founder's Court. You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today and we are both on it." Caroline explained to her, a little annoyed she forgot.

"Omg, I completely forgot. We signed up for that so long ago."

"So are you dropping out, then?" Caroline asked a little too excited.

"I can't."

"No?"

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter," Bonnie explained when she noticed Elena wouldn't. It's still a little hard for the doppelgänger to speak about her parents. Understandable, they died less than a year ago.

...

I was walking with Caroline and Bonnie while the Miss Mystic Falls contestants were practicing the dance. Caroline didn't have to join since he already knew the dance and didn't have a dance partner yet. But she still wanted to participate. So that's where we were walking to.