2.12 Meeting the Best Friend

A/N: I realized yesterday when writing part 2 of episode 11 that I never had Kol and Caroline meet. Don't know why.

Btw, don't know if I have said this before to everyone, but I have to some as a reply to their comments. I am planning on forwarding the plot. There are becoming more fillers than I would like and for some things it's okay. Like this one, Kol and Caroline will meet and Caroline will be Caroline (You know what that means). After this one though there will be several episodes made into one chapter. 2 - 3 k words maybe, like normal. This way we can fast forward to Klaus getting here much faster.

Thinking Klaus in 2 chapters?

...

It was morning and me and Kol were in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone. Damon and Enzo were still asleep in the living room. Me and Kol had gone to bed last night instead of sleeping on the couch. Kol has been here for only 3 months I think and only a week ago did we start sharing a bed.

"I want to meet her." Kol's voice broke the peaceful silence.

"Who, mischief?" I asked him confused.

"Caroline. I want to meet her. I think I'm ready." He explained putting the last piece of pancakes on a plate.

"Why now? After all these moths, why now?" I asked him curious.

"I didn't want her to dislike me. She's one of your best friends. I want her to like me. I mean, it took a month before Damon would stop glaring at me." He scoffed.

"Well, I know for a fact she had been waiting to meet you, we were just waiting until you were ready," I told him softly as I kissed his cheek. "I'll call her." I smiled brightly at him.

"Let's have dinner. Here, tonight." He suggested exited. "You, me, and Caroline."

"That sounds wonderful. I'll call her and check if she can." I told him equally as excited.

After finishing off the breakfast I woke up Damon and Enzo. We ate and separated for the day. Damon and Enzo went out and were going to have a date night, so we had the house all to ourselves.

I called Caroline and to say she was excited was an immense understatement.

It was later in the day, dinner had been made and we were just waiting for Caroline to come. As Kol shuffled nervously in his seat on the couch the doorbell rang. His head whipped over to the sound.

"There is no need to be nervous. She will love you because I do." I reassured him.

We made our way over to the door. Kol was standing behind me waiting in anticipation for me to open the door letting Caroline in. As I opened the door I was met with an excited Caroline bouncing on her feet. A bright smile decorating her face.

I happily greeted her with a hug. When we broke off, Caroline's eyes met Kol's, who was still behind me frozen in place.

"Hi, you must be Kol. I'm Caroline. It's nice to finally meet you." She said happily as she stretched out her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Kol." It was the only thing he could get out as he shook her hand.

We made our way to the dining room where we had lasagna, a bowl of salad, and some wine. We sat down and made ourselves comfortable. After getting the food Caroline began her interrogation- I mean the conversation.

"So, what is your full name?" She started questioning him. Kol who was caught off guard took a few seconds before collecting himself and answering.

"Kol Mikaelson."