Illumi: Assassin by night, Babysitter by morning

I learned that Yakuza is able to heal herself when we arrived at the wetlands, and we agreed to remain away from Hisoka for the remainder of the phases after I made her aware of what I noticed.

But it didn't take long for us to get separated. In the middle of the run, I realized she wasn't beside me anymore, so once more, everything was put on hold. My memory stirs, and I recall that she's the youngest of them four. Father has also informed me that she's been displaying disobedience towards her family as of recently, and that her self-imposed solitude has earned her a privilege to a bethrothed after she takes the exam. For that, I saw a bit of Killu in her, but at the same time, I saw myself.

A whimper by my side pulled me back to reality as I took pins between my fingers. If it isn't Akira or Killu I'll kill it, even Hisoka.

"Ready?" I heard a malicious laugh.

Silently pushing the bushes away from me, I watch four applicants towering over someone on the ground. During her little accident, I became familiar with Yakuza's Nen, so I realized it was her when it fluctuated. The pins I struck them with forced them to attack each other while moving further from their victim, allowing me to examine her state. She was sitting up against a tree, back arched and head down as little strands of red hair curtained her face. Both of her arms were fixed over her torso in an alarmingly suspicious manner as I hear small, ragged breaths escape her lips. Based on the way her legs were laid out, I deduced she couldn't stand.

"What did they do to you?" I ask, sitting down to level with her. She visibly flinched, whimpering as she tightened her arms around herself, despite her obvious discomfort. As a result, I pried it away, only to be greeted by a large gash across her midsection. As if that wasn't enough, her hands were broken and her temple was bleeding. Spiteful, I contemplated whether to tell her parents about this and summon her back to face appropriate consequences. However, the shame of it all affects other assassins as well; it affects me.

I've thought it before and I'll think it again; I'm not even getting paid for this.

I slid my arms under her legs and her nape. More compliant than she was earlier, I carried her to the second phase's location and set her down on a well-shaded area in the woods. She fell asleep, which was easier for me in regards to thinking how I could possibly heal her with similar gravity to her own powers. So I pulled out the pins from my face and begin to work.

Of all her injuries, her hands faced the worst. The gloves she wore didn't help, either. I was able to use my powers to manipulate her bones and flesh in such a way that it won't be difficult for her body to develop some sort of mechanism to keep her hands from losing function. She was yet to show me she's worthy of respect, and I'd like to make a fool out of the woman with her hands intact.

"Zoldyck..." She suddenly says, barely giving me enough time to wipe the surprise from my face before meeting her half-lidded gaze. Perhaps she was still drifting from unconsciousness to reality, giving me the opportunity for amusement.

"Hello." I monotously respond, a passive visage on my face, "I was hoping you wouldn't wake up."

She scoffed, but the vague pull at the side of her lips was undeniable, "Well, too bad."

"Tell me," I begin, continuing to work on her right hand, "Are you clumsy by nature or just truly reckless?"

"Neither." She quickly replied, glaring at me with all the anger she could muster. Which, depending on her injuries, isn't much. "I had the situation under control."

A humorless scoff escaped my lips, "From where you sat? What would you have done, thrown a handful of soil at their faces and thrash around wishing they would run into your fists? Not only is that the incorrect methods of combat, it's also highly obtuse."

"I am not obtuse!" She protested, gaining more strength to her tone.

"Your actions say otherwise."

Yakuza grew silent, clenching her jaw as she looks away from me. Even as I fit needles into her left hand, she remained silent, and only after the treatment had I noticed she fell asleep again.

This woman is far too much of an enigma for me. I meant to ask her about the gloves, about the applicants, and about other particular affairs. Questions boggled my mind to no end and suppressing them would only become more challenging as they increase in number. I don't even know why curiosity became one of my most forthcoming traits as of late, but the accomplishment I feel with finding the answers into understanding Yakuza... Akira, wasn't as unlikable as I'd judged it to be.

"She might melt if you keep staring at her like that." I heard Hisoka's voice from behind me, and though I was truly angered, my blank stare remained.

"I was told to keep her out of harm's way." I stated, issuing a mocking noise of disappointment from him. "If you're here, that means you got bored of your playthings easily. Are you well, Hisoka?"

"Oh, so that means you're acting like this because you were told to?" He inquired, ignoring my stupidly evident attempt to avert the conversation from Akira.

"Yes." I reply, and he left it at that.

This is what it takes to get comfortable silence around here?

~

Please vote and comment if you like it for more stuff that you like. Thanks!