Incompatibility

Edited on July 19 2016, 8:25 PM

Fire rings, whips, and clowns were one thing. Finding themselves in a circus was another completely.

"How are we supposed to find Shinozaki through all this shit?"

"Shouldn't you be the one telling me to calm down, Ace?" Akira spoke lowly, chastizing the crowd that was hyped up for tonight's show. The three of them were just discreet about sneaking in, and since they were back to their usual casual clothes, that meant more tension if anyone were to recognize them.

This time around, Amira was scouting, with Ace and Akira assigned to comb the area where Shinozaki would be. It was yet to be a guaranteed win, but Akira's composed rage would take care of that if they lost again. Coming so far as to avoid the lighting so their shadows wouldn't be casted over anyone, they were too occupied to notice someone else was easily catching up to them, blue-black eyes darting to their every single movement.

"You're going to have to help me out here, Amira-san. I'm not as expert at this kind of stuff."

Akira felt that Ace purposely evaded all mentioning of her after what happened. They were left on dangerous waters, and have been setting themselves distantly. With only a day -approximately speaking- until their Certains suffer what they should for 'disobeying Akane', the place they were in wasn't the place for being immature.

"What do you think you're doing here?" A new voice lowly says, voice laced with hidden rage and disgust. At least in Akira's mind, that's how his voice seemed to her. She stood from her hunched position, slowly turning on her heels as she faced this newly arrived.

"I have every right to ask you that same question, but you'd never give me a proper answer."

"Is that so?" His nonchalant voice rung again as he stepped into the light. She surely hoped that her contacts would be able to hide the blazing color that her eyes surely have taken on, or else Akira would've set herself in more a predicament than she preferred.

The Siren part of her was saying that everything changed, but her human side said that with Illumi, nothing did.

"Is that why you thought against answering my question?"

"Precisely." She answered back just as cold, but he just brushed her off and glanced down from the edge. Outwardly, she was tense and he was calm, but Sirens and Certains have their ways of understanding such bizarre secrets.

Akira cannot lie however, that she was paying attention to every detail of Illumi's every move and blamed their lack of contact as the reason to why she thought him attractive.

"You do realize that you just did, didn't you, Akira?"

Once she realized that she had, Akira's eyes narrowed and her lips pursed, before attempting to make her way from him. His hands immediately left the railing and gripped her forearm before he slammed her to the ground and pinned her there with another hand, putting needles on the edges of her clothes so her hands would be immobile. She could burn the clothes off and actually fight Illumi, but ruckus would come with that. Before either Siren or Certain could act, a new voice filled their ears.

"If you want to fuck my sister, do it someplace private, kid."

Illumi immediately pulled himself to his feet and regained his emotionless facade. His needles retreated back and Ace helped Akira get up, dusting her off in the process. Amira saw that Illumi was watching very intently so she got in between them, arms crossed. "Your business here?"

"None of yours." She just raised an eyebrow, and Akira was the first to notice the temperature around them decrease dramatically, "You sure you don't want to answer my question?"

If she could, she would've smirked at the dominance in Amira's tone.

"... I'm working." He admitted.

"Who? Shinozaki Melissa?" Recognition flashed in his eyes, and Akira was about to ask how her sister knew when Amira looked behind and smirked, "It wasn't very hard." Then she turned back, "She's the kind of people who researches about the assassins set after her. Naturally, being members of the first and second strongest assassin families, it was easily intercepted."

"You're welcome." Ivan and Evo said through the earpiece.

"But her accompaniement with Akane provided vital information."

"Akane-san?"

"She's not our real mom." Akira found her voice, "We're looking for Milla and Yukiko Yakuza."

"Since both parties," Amira sent a pointed look to the both of them, "are after her, let's just stay together and you'll come with us, Illumi." She walked away.

"Wh--"

"You'll. Come. With. Us." Amira glared back icily, and Ace grabbed Akira's hand, dragging her away.

Illumi was frozen in place. His eyes caught the action quickly; how this foolish, pathetic imbecile of a man cited as the Certain Akira had chosen took her hand and dragged her away. Was he not satisfied? Wasn't he content how Illumi began to revert back to his old self only because Akira filled every nook and cranny of his mind and body? It wasn't enough for him that Illumi got familiar with envy, jealousy, hate, and regret because of him. And it wasn't enough for her that she had to show him how Ace replaced what he once was in her life.

It hurt, but he was an assassin. He is an assassin. As his steps move of their own accord and trail almost lazily after the three of them on the way to their target, he realized a larger problem. Akira was an assassin too.

Why can't this just be easy?

Ace held the metal wall when they got inside of the office, and since he hadn't let go of Akira's hand, created a scythe in her palm before she spreads her arms and lights herself (and the weapon) aflame. Amira prepared as well, and Ace's hovered over the pad of the door.

"Impale her immediately." Amira instructed, and for a brief moment, Akira and Illumi grew confused. But they nodded, and Ace opened the door for them.