This Is Only The Beginning

Edited on May 20 2016, 11:00 PM

The sound of a whip fills Akira's ears as she regains consciousness, slowly but surely. Eyelids lifting groggily, she came face to face with her mother with her brothers a distance away. Amira was right next to her, but she still refused to believe what she was seeing with her own eyes. "Mom...?"

Another pain-filled whimper flew from Amira's lips as Akira flinches, as if she was feeling it. "Mom what are you doing!?"

"What do you think I'm doing?" Akane stopped, glaring at her, "I'm whipping your no good of a sister. And now that you're awake," she faced her, the sick grin in her face unwavering, "It's your turn."

Sting after sting Akira took the hit that was given to her. An assassin's pain tolerance is to be commended, so it was with confusion that she glanced over to Amira to see countless cuts and hits all over her body. The whip looked like a normal one, so why was it affecting them that much? They were shackled by the wrists and hung from the ceiling inside what seemed like the torture room. No windows were to be seen so she didn't know what time of day it was.

"Everything about you is immature, Akira." Akane sneered, "You don't even know that this whip is specialized to work on Sirens and Certains only, you don't even know where your Certains and father is, you don't know anything at all." Being replied to by a blank and aloof expression fumed Akane more and made her continue whipping Akira again.

"...you bitch..."

The next whip had her jerking her head to the left, facing the wall. Barely, she could feel the Nen presence of her father as the twins' eyes darted to follow her though they didn't say anything.

"This isn't true. I'm just dreaming. You brought me to my room, mom."

"Firstly, dearie, you're not my real daughter." Akane put her whip on her shoulder, her other hand finding her hip, "And secondly, we passed your room last night but you didn't notice because you were so busy crying about what Illumi Zoldyck told you." She continued to mock, and barely, Akira felt her palms get warmer. Just a bit. But it wasn't enough.

"What have you done to our father?"

"In the next room." She shrugged casually, "I took his powers and put him in a coma." Akira's face went downcast, shadowed by her messy and seemingly longer hair. She acknowledged her disadvantage at where she and her sister stands, and she can't really get anything done with the rate of her exhaustion and Amira being unconscious.

"You did something else to our Certains, didn't you?"

Akane hummed, caressing her whip, "I might have, but my first passionate kill was 7 years ago."

Akira's eyes filled with shock as she looked back up, "What are you talking about? You had... something to do with...?"

"Midori? Yes. I persuaded Feitan to giving me the necessary information to kill him, and then I told him to get lost while your brothers and I set him up and eliminated him. All the more making sure that you will be hurt." Akira wanted to lunge at her so bad, but Akane just moved back and let the twins hold Akira until she calmed down. Not even her fire was working, which was just adding to the confusion that she was feeling.

"Let me enlighten you, dearest." The eldest woman in the room that looked uglier and uglier to Akira as the seconds pass mocked. "You were adopted. Your mother didn't want anything to do with you and I was kind enough to find you in the streets and take you in as my own. You naturally should thank me because if I haven't been married to your father, then I wouldn't have the power to even move!"

"Is he even really your Certain?"

"No, because I'm not a Siren! That didn't stop him from having his ways with me though, or at least... it didn't stop me from persuading him."

"...You pathetic little slut!!"

"Yeah, I was a criminal! And I'm proud of that! I made Hiro believe that I was everything he wanted because I needed him. I needed his influence, his power, and all that we did was simply just an added bonus."

"You tricked my father! Just as you tricked the rest of us, just as you tricked the rest of the world! Why are my brothers in on this!?" her voice was rising by the minute, and she knew at one moment she'd reach her limit.

Akane laughed, "Your brothers? Are you even sure about that? Not stopping for a moment to think that oh, maybe they aren't real?" Akira didn't say anything, but she was still fairly hanging on to every word.

"Evo and Ivan," Akane put her elbows on either of their shoulders, "Are modified by me. They aren't your real brothers, not just because you're adopted."

Now that she noticed it, the eyes of the twins were dead and milky white. She struggled staying conscious from losing too much blood and keeping it flowing and together, "Modified?"

"The original Evo and Ivan were dead long ago. I took their corpses, modified them a bit, and transferred their memories to them. Of course, the modifications were that they would be at my every beck and call as mere pets once we were to act up again. It's my greatest work yet!"

"How did they die?"

"Exposure from you Sirens is how I'd like to put it." She laughed, "But I don't know. I don't really care, either."

This was too much to process, and with the rate of Akira's health, it's dangerously going out the window. Akane grabbed her jaw and made her look back up, seeing her jeer at her, "One of the things that annoy me the most is that you have Hiro's eyes and my hair, even if it was proof that you got something from me." Then she roughly let go and left the room, appointing the twins to separate the two of them.

"By the way, Akira?" Akane peeked back, and Akira was slowly drifting back to unconsciousness, "I'm going to track down a few loved ones of yours now. Including your dear little twin sister."

The world turned black.