Peace Is Odd

It was over. Akane Gyaxaki died in the hands of Silva Zoldyck's eldest son, and Milla Yakuza's second daughter. It was all said and done and the hospital burned off, only leaving the predicament of helping Hiro recover.

"We tracked the hospital he's in. The doctors looking after him know him by a different name, but they don't know Akane either, so there's no need to kill them."

"Good, I've had enough." Akira firmly said, actually being on autopilot until Hiro was with them. She didn't know why or how she was suddenly left with her actual first Certain, just that she realized when he began to speak.

"I was your third?"

Her head turned to him, and she crossed her arms, facing away. "Exactly; third."

If he noticed the lie by the heartbeat pattern he felt from Akira, Illumi sure did a good job at hiding it.

It was to her surprise then that his voice rose, "Who entrusted the decision of abstaining from informing me about this to you!?"

Her head snapped back angrily, "I did! I'm the Siren!"

"Exactly! You're the Siren; I get hurt when you do! Isn't leaving each other's side making it worse?"

"I learned that since I returned from Greed Island that I can't risk being fooled by your mask. But congratulations; you win. I just wanted to be around you because I wanted to test if I can make you feel something. Turns out it was all in vain."

At this point, Hiro had stood convinced and were now following them to the car. He pointed to the two of them, and Yamera nudged the boys to leave it to him. Amira shortly followed, finding difficulty at climbing the steep hillside as the sunset peeks through the horizon.

"It was not in vain..." his voice fell, "you made me feel something. You made me feel... everything."

"Maybe in another life, it would've been us. If what you say is true-"

"It is!" he fought, but she disregarded it.

"-I can never fully distinguish it, because of Ace."

"Ace? Your fucking second!?"

Yamera grabbed his wife's wrist to stop her, shaking his head.

"That same 'fucking second' is the one I'll be better off with!"

"How would you know? Akira, I have feelings for you!"

"Ace does, too! I can feel it. You don't have proof that what you say is true because your Nen doesn't change when you're around me! Ace's almost went out of his control when we met, and yours was composed!"

Illumi fisted his hair, pacing anxiously, "That's not enough to say that I don't feel odd when I'm around you and I was jealous at Hisoka!"

"Stop! I've already made my decision! I have to be selfish!" she walked past him, letting Amira lead her down while Yamera sighed at Illumi. He then turned, and follow them to the car.

That was ten days ago. The Yakuza Estate has been purged and cleaned, restored to its previous glory before the whole, genuine family returned. The servants' memories of being puppets were taken, replaced by how Akane had once stolen everything dear to the lady of the house. Hiro was still in a mentally shaken state, but conflicting with Gyaxaki's abilities, Milla's powers together with the bond she has with him made coaxing his mentality much easier. Amira and Yamera broke the news of a 2-month baby boy, leaving the dramatic reactions to the female twins. Yukiko was just as accepted back as Milla was, but it would still take some time for Hiro to get used to the fact that his real twin sons were dead.

Someone knocked on the door of the room an uncoscious Akira was confined in, and Milla stepped in. Taking a seat beside the hospital bed, she grabbed the hand of her daughter, pulling her hair out the way as the light above Akira shines over her porcelain youthful face. Milla smiled, "Fatigue really does a number on Sirens, especially one who rejects the bond of a Certain. Kira... I and your sister Yukiko has never been in such situations... but that means you're more capable of handling it than us. It's been a week since you fell unconscious, since your body shut down at exposure of two Certains at the same time. Whatever decision you come up with, I trust your judgement. You'll find a way through this."

She left the room, and was surprised that Yukiko was standing right there in the dark waiting for her. Milla smiled, holding out her hands until Yukiko walked close enough to let her put her hands on her shoulders, "You want to talk to nee-sama as well?"

Yukiko nodded, red hair bobbing up and down as Milla reopened the door for her, closing it when she walked in.

The 14 year old approached the bed cautiously, hugging her unmoving form lightly before sitting back. "Hi, big sister. It's me, Yukiko. When you wake up, tell me if my theory is true." she gulped, "Being twins, we have much of a connection as Ivan-nii and Evo-nii, as well as Amira-nee and Yamera-nii. I want to explain everything to you, but I'm scared of wasting effort. Not that talking to you will be a waste, though. I always wanted a big sister. Not knowing," she laughed, "I even have a twin. Mom must have told you something regarding choosing between your two Certains, and I don't want to put you through that again. It can easily get annoying. I might be, since I'm rambling right now. Anyway, the point of me coming here is to tell you that... I found my Certain. And he's your Certain's brother. I'm coming to see him, and don't worry, he's new but open-minded about the bond. Even if I see your Certain, Akira-nee," she stood, "Unless you say anything, I'm bound to do nothing. But by what Killua told me, his brother actually seems more loyal to you than you think."

She too, reluctantly left the room, and then faced the window before her. It was going to be a weird life from here on out, wasn't it?