Akira: Time for a field trip #kimoNO

Illumi... well, Gittarackur, thoughtfully hums, "I'm going to look around... sources tell me this is a popular place for freelancers and such" 

My attention was already divided from listening to him and from eyeing a peculiar looking stall among the many littered in the area. It drew me primarily because the weapons it displayed was both surprisingly abundant and incredibly beautiful, and secondarily because the vendor inside looks far too kind and polite.

I decide to approach, putting up a smile of my own as I realize there's no visible entrance, "Hello. Nice stall you have here." 

"Right?" he responds back, just as cheerfully, "Demand is stronger here at the city outskirts than the actual central, though! Sometimes, I really don't understand hunters." 

"Oh." I pause in thought, "Hunters frequent your place? But this is only the outskirts..."  

The old man eyed me for a moment, and then smiled again, "I see. Forgive me if I'm wrong, miss, but you're not from around?" 

I shake my head, "No, but I'm interested in your city now. Who knows how the hell I've been brought here...?" I mutter mostly to myself, glancing at the surroundings wishfully thinking Illumi heard the annoyance in my tone. I couldn't see him anywhere, but I didn't let myself become outwardly dismayed as I return my attention to the old man. 

"You are a practitioner of weapons, then?" he gestured to a few knives and swords at his right, "Or perhaps just an enthusiast? A learner?" 

"I'm a hunter." I fish out my license from the pocket of my pants, before putting it back. A part of my memory (and Nen) remains there just in case it becomes prone to be pickpocketed. The old man exclaimed in understanding. 

I sheepishly scratch the back of my head, realizing he isn't showcasing many blades, "You don't have any butterfly knives by chance, do you?"

"Ah yes, here." He showed me a box, "These are the finest blades I have, made from the Philippines. Can I interest you in a pair of Benchmade 42s?"

"Awesome." I let him open the box and I assess the pair of knives that was shown to me. As I predicted this moment to be, I still couldn't believe that I would be this close to having one of the most beautiful knives ever made in my possession. Producing the sufficient enough amount of money, I pay for two knives, and exchanged polite thanks with the vendor before promptly leaving.

Seeing such a strange looking man like Gittarackur just casually assessing the posters and writings on a bulletin board by the entrance of Karei City was not a sight I look forward to getting used to in the future. Cheekily, I channel my Nen under my feet as I jump, enabling me to hit him in his bald head without much problem. He sighs in exasperation as result, but doesn't react. I roll my eyes, averting my attention to the board, "Killjoy." 

"My source was not reliable. Staying any longer is a waste of time." he began to walk away, but I grabbed his arm without looking at him; my eyes stayed fixated on an eloquently-designed flyer by the corner of the board.

"A night of forever here at Karei City Amusement Park... witness and enjoy the stargazing festival to be held this weekend at our plaza. Wait, that's tonight! Freelancers are welc—oi!" the flyer was suddenly ripped off, "I was reading that!" 

Gittarackur balled up the paper and held it overhead when he saw I was aiming to retake it. He smiles, amused, "I just realized the splendid height difference between us." 

I pointedly glare at him, deliberating if I would use the Nen under my feet to take the paper or kick him in a very good area.

~

The back of my hand was uselessly muffling my giggles as I reach the central area of Karei City that night. Illumi—now out of his disguise—was able to express his annoyance more openly; I learned that he was the kind of person to use spikes of his power to do so.

I just realized the splendid leverage between us. The man has no one to blame but himself; if he didn't stop me from reading the rest of what was in the flyer, I would've (maybe) disregarded attending the festival, but he didn't think that far ahead. So I asked around, and learned that this event happens yearly around here and there's always particular changes; for example, tonight consists of a lantern show as the prelude to the main event. And no one's going to stop me from seeing it.

Looking back at him again, my giggles grew into stifled snickers. I should've known that with his familiarity of being an intimidating, dark figure, he possesses less to no experience with the adorable and bright, "Tell me again how I got someone like you in something like that." 

Illumi was wearing a black yukata with a dark blue obi around his waist. In contrast to the other outfits worn by other people around us, his looked very plain, but not to a disappointing degree. As a matter of fact, he looks good, even though that could be just because this is the first time I'm seeing him out of his usual apparel. Such a dress code was only arranged because the stargazing festival is also the celebration of the city's founding year.

"If word comes out about this..." he tried to sound threatening, but with how amused I was being, I couldn't find it in myself to be scared.

Rolling my eyes, I grab his wrist and drag him towards our destination. It was a surprise, so that's probably why he's upset.

"Would you relax?" I query, "My family is occupied with me turning down Julian and I don't think your parents are wary enough of me to send spies. Besides—"

All of a sudden, wind was knocked out of me and I was pushed to a solid surface; a brick wall, as my hand told me. I came face to face with Illumi, his arms securely situated on either side of my shoulders to cage me in place. The sound of chatter and music became nullified and I was unable to recompose myself as quickly as I preferred. All I heard was him.

"I don't think you understand." he voices, "Allow me to enlighten you. Between yourself and Hisoka, I'm inclined to put a needle in his head more than I am twisting your neck. Additionally, you're still recovering; it wouldn't be a satisfying win for me if you're not completely healed as I pummel you to the ground one of these days. You can spend the rest of tonight celebrating with these people to your heart's content, but remember that we're just passing by. Don't do anything you'd regret." 

Afterwards, he propped off the wall and turned from me, disappearing to the crowd.

~

Please vote and comment if you want more because there's more where that came from, trust me. Thanks.