When Am I Not Careful? (part 1)

Edited on June 26 2016, 4:12 PM

I hate filler chapters sometimes, and I'll try not making this into one.

"Please tell me you were luckier."

Amira's laughter broke in her sister's ear, "I'm not in the mood to lie to you, sis."

There was actually a change of plans and Yamera was supposed to come with them, but he's the only other technologically-inclined person in the group that Akira felt comfortable and trustworthy around. Now, presently in pursuit is her (third floor), Ace (second floor), and Amira (first floor) of one of Akane's accomplices in a drug-infested, not too guarded, rundown building. They just went in as themselves, not bothering to disguise yet since it seems like whoever would recognize them would die anyway.

"Such a good girl." Akira teased with a smirk, propping off a wall as she resumed her not so aimless walk. "Ladies?" Yamera questioned, and she could also hear Amira's hum in time with hers through the earpieces.

"They know you're here."

"How?" Akira got straight to the point.

"I'm not sure, but Roamers wouldn't be there for a reason if they didn't know you'd crash the party, right?"

Looking over an edge, she did indeed recognize a few on all floors. It didn't make assassinating whoever probably deployed them harder, but there is a voice in the back of her head saying that constantly worrying about her sister isn't as bad a thing to do as she thinks it is.

"For an assassin family," Ace lightly said, "You guys sure know how to enjoy yourselves."

"Don't get me started." Amira teased further, before they heard shuffling. Ace's voice rung again, "So all I have to do is flip a few switches?"

When no one answered, he deadpanned. "Yeah, don't answer that. You guys suck."

"You swallow." Akira smirked.

"You spit."

"You vomit."

Ace grew a tick mark on the head, an unimpressed look in his face, "Babe, you're too sassy for your own good."

"Still love her either way." Amira appeased, talked down by a playful husband, "I feel you, Ace. I feel you."

Amira pushed open a guarded double doors as she threw a shuriken made of ice behind the head of one of the guards, quickly pulling out pistols to plant bullets in the heads of another two right beside him. In detail, these bullets have ice on the inside but seems like silver at first, and once it hits the human bloodstream, the liquid in it would immediately clog the passage of blood, eventually making the muscles contort all on its own without Amira having to do much (being a Manipulator had the process initially depending on her). Nobody was around to see it happen, so she hid the bodies and closed the door behind her, speaking in a clearer voice, "I'd do that to you if you get a word out of line, sweetie."

Yamera didn't speak, but Amira knew she got her point across.

Akira swiftly overthrew a man that came at her and as he fell limp on the ground, she just walked past. Just around the corner and she would arrive at the control room, where the twins and Yamera said would require the one on the first floor for it to work together at the third. The predicament -or rather, hindrance- was there were now a huge number of Roamers presently running towards her. The civilians left the building immediately once they sensed something out of the ordinary in here.

"Keep your tongues in check, gentlemen. Amira-nee isn't someone you piss off." She smirked, spreading out her hands as a bright light emerged from her palms. In perfect view of the mindless Roamers, their distraction gave her enough time to combust the control boxes on a wall and a pillar (either side of her) thus initiating the ultraviolet lights.

"Okay, I'm in." Ace said, and indeed a few techno sounds have been heard, as well as with Amira's end, "Done. Kira?"

"Give me a few." She conjured up a mallet and did an upward motion to bash a Roamer's head against the upper floor. Akira didn't care if it created a hole because the rest was just minor ones.

"The queen has arrived."

"Okay, now take off the transmitter and use your Nen to miniaturize its combustion." Yamera instructed.

"Huh? You didn't tell me it can combust."

Amira then flew up to her floor and sealed off more of the Roamers with ice walls, giving her sister an incredulous look, "Just do it."

Shrugging, Akira carefully disconnected it from the box and moved away from the pedestal it was on, using her Zetsu to stifle the enchanting sight of its combusting form. Akira didn't deny that it seemed somewhat interesting to her, that she was actually looking forward to learning more about this. Apparently, she was too occupied and it blew up in her face, making her fly back. Amira helped her up and dusted her off, "You did good either way."

However, as it turns out, their effort in this after party was in vain. According to the information they saw, the host of this celebration (also Akane's accomplice) would give them updated information about her wheareabouts and might actually tell them what she is capable of. The memory that Akira didn't ever see her fight a Nen battle with anyone was already agitating her, but Akane was quicker than they thought. Thinking that she kept to herself a few weeks or months prior to coming clean to the Yakuzas didn't help Akira's temper either. She herself didn't understand what could these countless men possibly want with her (except perhaps sexual attention) and how they managed to create a deal this solid with someone of her caliber.

"We're going to have to move up our game." Akira walked off at the front yard of the palace-like building, while the other two leaves differently.

"Sweetie, next stop please."

"Gladly." Yamera replied, "A locust farm and gas factory."

"Gas?" Akira grinned, and Yamera hummed his yes, "You'll have the most advantage there, Kira, so you need to be careful."

Ironically, right after he said that, the palace burst into flames and everything was sent into rubble in a matter of minutes. Amira stopped herself from laughing, as Kira remained grinning.

"When am I not?"