When Am I Not Careful? (Part 2)

Edited on July 9 2016, 6:17 AM

"I hate bugs."

Akira giggled, lightly creating fire from the center of her palms as it burned the locusts that were settled on her sister's skin, but remained cautious, so as to not burn her. Yamera, from through their earpieces, sighed, "That log book wasn't essential like I said, but I did marry a stubborn woman, didn't I?"

"Stubborn is an understatement." Amira's skin visibly showed thin ice being re-layered onto it. Her and Akira's clothes were modified to withstand locust attacks and flame, but apparently the former grew restless of the fabric and took it off, thus being slightly attacked by a swarm when she got in one tent for a logbook that her husband informed her about.

"I am always separated from you ladies!" Ace quietly whined, making his Siren smirk, "You wouldn't be able to concentrate, and that works both ways for us."

Akira grabbed a guard from one corner and dragged him out of view of the others, presumably including one being taken care of by Amira or Ace. Keeping herself out of sight, she then concealed her Nen presence when she Conjured double silent pistols and began gunning the nearest people down.

Ace, having the ability to adapt to the material of whatever he touches, was able to camouflage himself just fine and take people out by surprise. He didn't do as well as the sisters did, however, because Amira wasn't even noticed when she was hanging from a tent right over a guard until she dropped down and put him to sleep.

Jtk reference. 👿👿👿

"Don't you guys like, need to know where the target is?"

"Who he is, what is he, where is he," Akira started, quickly gunning down another that slightly took her by surprise, "doesn't matters."

"He can crawl into the ends of the earth and we would still find him." Added Amira.

"That's how we are."

"Hey Ace, once you guys hit it off we should be continuing each other's sentences like our women do." Yamera said, earning a spine-tingling (in Akira's case) laugh from Ace, "They act so much like twins that I'm jealous."

~*~

"So, how'd it go?"

Akira furiously took off her gloves and shoved them to a forgotten corner of the dimly-lit room, pulling up a chair to sit on and putting her hands under her head, elbows tense on her thighs. Amira nudged Ace and moved her gaze, which was quite unecessary since he was already planning on doing so. Ivan and Evo looked at each other questioningly.

"Kira, sweetie?"

Her hands fell on each other as Ace sat to her eye level, letting him see the dark chocolate shade swimming in her orbs, reflecting the sadness that he was feeling at seeing her so distressed.

"Weren't you supposed to be the optimistic little sister?" He tried, falling in vain as Akira sighed. "I thought that too, but we already failed two times and I'm not the youngest sister as I thought I was."

Yamera and Amira's eyes met, and she pulled up a chair beside him as the twins approached, intent.

"So we thought that this lead was accurate." Amira said in a hushed, low tone. "We managed to free the locusts and thought that as long as Akane's accomplice was alive, the En around the area would immediately kill any from leaving too far. Turns out we were wrong, and this accomplice died right before our eyes. She implemented a bomb in his body. Akane doesn't have any close enough inferiors as you two."

"We'd know." Ivan said.

"Take us with you then." Evo replied, "It might be easier that way. Father is already resti--"

"He is not your father." The twins turned to the source of the voice, while Amira and her husband tried to ignore them best they could.

"Your mother is Gyaxaki Akane." She stood, "But we don't have the same father."

"Kira stop--" Ace attempted to stop her from moving. Who knows what could happen if she did...

"He only had three biological children, all of them female. You never were genuine with us, so who's telling me that you'll change as the circumstances stand now?"

"Are you still going on about that!?" Evo demanded, "Why, until now, aren't you trusting us?"

"I have every right to be!"

"We prioritize you guys' safety over our own." Ivan stood up for his twin, but Akira's hair was already aflame at the ends.

"You could just drop dead for all I care!"

"We've done everything we cou-"

"If you've done everything you could then you should have thought about rebelling against Akane before I fell in love with Illumi!!!"

It only took three seconds for what she said to dawn on her. Horrified, she turned to a passive blonde, ocean eyes successfully masking the shock he must have felt. Pretending to be unhurt was a success with the others, but with Akira's own feelings seeming to have dropped for no reason at all, she knew better than the rest of them. She knew that Ace was hurt, and she knew that she caused it. Regret suddenly became a familiar word.

"I--is any--ody the---ere...?" Static came from the widest screen and their attention were brought to it. A blurred, dull, but more or less live footage of someone in a jungle. They could make out that this girl, who seemed to be 14-15 years old had red hair that extended past the monitor and dark cerulean eyes, evident with apprehension and anxiety. Yamera quickly moved, "H-hello?"

"You're n-nee-sama's Certain..." She sighs in relief, seeming to be in hiding, "Please, if a.... anyone besides y-yourself is the-re, I need you to believe me. My name is Yu-ki--ko," Akira and Amira stiffened. "I'm M-Milla Yakuza's daughter an... I need y... ur help. The only accomplice of Akane that w-w-would lead you to us is Shi--nozaki Melissa..."

"Yukiko!" Akira spoke on the mic, and the teen's eyes found hers, even just through screens and lenses.

"...be careful."

She smirked that all too familiar smirk, "Nee-sama, when... am I not?"