Akira: A Provisory Parting

Edited on March 5 2016, 4:47 PM

Hisoka and I had an agreement to see each other at the outskirts of Yorknew City. I made rounds three times already and there was still no sight of him. If he was Illumi, I'd be annoyed as fuck but he is the real Hisoka so there's a difference somewhere. Unfortunately.

"I hope you weren't waiting too long for me, Princess."

I look down as my hair and hoodie hides my face. "I made rounds thrice and was pretty close to dumping this, but at least we can kill some people after."

Hisoka smiles with closed eyes, before walking ahead to the direction I assume the Southern Piece Auction will happen in. "Shall we, then?" I hummed my answer, pocketing my hands in my brown hoodie. 

We knew where the auction will happen, the Phantom Troupe will be there for sure, but the auction wasn't until 3 days later. We were just looking for a place to stay in, crowded or not.

"So how are you and Illumi?"

A bad thing about Hisoka is that he thrives in other people's conflicts. Illumi was never as nosy as him, and if he was here with us he'd misdirect the conversation.

 "We're doing good." it was a lie, and whether or not he knows it is slowly but surely starting to scare me.

"Did he make any moves on you yet?"

"Excuse me, what?"

The clown laughed it off. "I'm just joking, Princess. If anyone must make a move on you it should be me." I just rolled my eyes, minding that I shouldn't take his flirting too seriously. I might regret it in the end, and that's going against every tradition of assassins I know. "Sure..."

"I heard about Feitan." he thoughtfully came up with that next. Of all things, why that? "From who?" I ask, finding the ground in front of him very interesting indeed.

"Machi." If I could, I would've heard his smirk. "She described you as a very... feral individual even though it was the last time we spoke."

Oh yeah... He's a fake member... that's funny.

"Feral? Me? She just can't handle my fabulousness and keep her head out of other people's business. If I've killed Feitan I would've went for her just because she has pink hair."

"That would've been an interesting fight, huh? If I wasn't with Paku at the time do you think you would've done that?" I saw him glance sideways to me and I did the same, mirroring his infamous smirk. "Yeah. For one, Illumi stopped me from going any further, so..." I shrug. Hisoka hums in thought, "He elevated you, was that it?"

So of course I got into thinking. In a way, he did become my leverage... "Ahh!" I shake my head in stress, "Putting it that way is worse. Let's not talk about him."

"If you say so." Even through Hisoka saying that, I know he absolutely loved how he can manipulate me. Last time I checked, he was a Transmuter though.

~*~

"Our next item is the legendary game, Greed Island!" the said item shows on screen.

"Let's take a look at the mysterious power this game contains." out on the stage, a bodybuilder with a large hammer came and the female bidder walked a distance away. While the other rich men reacted, me and Hisoka were just cool and calm on a high window looking down on them. I'm slowly getting bored that I've been made aware of my own casual murderous thoughts.

"As you can see there is a mysterious power that protects the console from any damage. As long as someone is playing inside." the bidder snaps her fingers and a picture of a man replaced the image on screen. I turn to Hisoka, "How interesting do you think this is going to get?"

"Not much." he replies, "I'm losing my excitement. How about you?"

Illumi was certainly more antisocial than Hisoka. "If I get bored, I'll go ahead against the Troupe and kill all these hoes." Odd... I never acted nor spoke like this with Illumi. Hisoka laughed, "How much can we kill than the other when it happens then."

"-Unfortunately when we obtained these copies two already displayed game over screens. That means the players also died in real life. This dangerous game requires that you risk your own life!" An identical mischievous smirk passed between me and him when we heard that. "Make sure you're prepared before you bid. Let's start the bidding at 900 million Jenny!"

The uproar then began. It was getting very boring indeed that I almost slipped away if Hisoka hadn't told me he recognized a good few people that I do. "Gon found a new friend. Wonder if I should kill him too..."

"Gon?" I follow his look and indeed, I saw the familiar spikes head and the white cat beside each other. Gon was conversing with another man. He put his thumb up and the bidder saw, counting him in. Hisoka chuckled from behind me, and I find it in myself that it was amusing too. Gon really is innocent in all the things of the city. "To think that such potential hides in the idiocy of that boy."

"He's no idiot." I came to Gon's defense, "He's just slow at times..."

"That's why he has Killua, does he not?" No argument there, I guess.

In the end, a man named Battera succeeded to buy all copies that must have cost him a fortune. I've set my sights on the new victim as I turned from the celebration and faced the moonlit sky, setting off as I felt Hisoka follow me.

"Gon and Killua should be aiming to contribute to the game as well."

"What we need to do is avoid them. They're not what we're here for, or am I not knowing something you do?" I gave him a perturbed expression. Hisoka looked away, "Nothing of importance."

My eyes glint from the streetlights and the moon that soon hid behind the clouds as the night breeze sweeps by us, and I remain standing. Hisoka remains crouching and I give the auction house a blank visage.

I never knew I would have a provisory parting with Illumi of all people.