Why

"It's me. The fool who was completely tricked."

"Oh. It's Tsubone!" Alluka exclaimed, apathethic of the tense ambiance between her brothers and Yukiko.

"Your mother can see through everything that I see through this scope. She probably transmitted the video to you, Master Illumi."

"Bingo. Tsubone served as my spy." This made Yukiko glance at him, surveying what of his appearance did catch the eye of her twin sister. She wasn't going to lie that Illumi harbored no similarities with Killua that wasn't specialty in killing, but she wasn't going to tell, either.

"When the clouds cleared, I felt eyes on me again and realized the truth. The timing was too perfect."

"Ah..." Illumi lifted his phone, "So you actually felt us watching. You're really something... Well, now you know the truth, but you can't remove that scope since Mom ordered you to wear it."

"Yes, you're right." Tsubone smiled, and Killua noticed the discomfort Yukiko was beginning to feel. Alluka beginning to request was what drove her out, apart from his pertrubed glance, "Tsubone, give me the nail from your middle finger."

Only Yukiko felt Illumi stiffen, and blamed the mutual connection they had with Akira to be that sensitive.

"Yes, absolutely." Came Tsubone's reply, and peeled off the nail from her finger before throwing it to Killua, who gave it to Alluka. "Tsubone, give me the nail from your ring finger."

"Yes, that's easy enough." She does the same and gives it to Killua, who repeats. Quickly after, Alluka's once cheerful eyes were replaced by pitch black hollow circles, and where her mouth used to be has become a black hole. The skin of the rest of her face grew pale, and a black mist vaguely connected from her.

"Now, Master Killua, make your wish. Please allow me this opportunity to make amends for impeding your mission."

"If you're going to do it, fine." Spoke Illumi, "But if you're going to save Gon, you'll follow the same process, right?" That made Killua grind his teeth as his elder brother gestured to the two butlers, "If you sacrifice them to kill me, then you wouldn't have any problem sacrificing a bunch of strangers to save Gon. If you say yes, I'll be happy to die and your inner mission would have succeeded. It's against the rules for family members to kill one another, but the thing granting your wish.." He smiled, "Isn't family."

Yukiko stepped before Killua.

"You changed."

The only reason that Illumi's smile fell wasn't one that could be evident to the naked eye. The girl's voice reminded him... Of her.

"It's easy to tell. Is it because you don't have her as someone to live for?"

Or was it her? He was hearing her voice... Echoing behind the child's like a looming shadow...

"Are you Yukiko?"

"If you saw what I had, you'd know that Akira-nee is as confused as you are. In the end, you're still feeling the same thing." She stepped back and moved her head to the side, nodding at Killua who then put his head down, "Something, heal Tsubone's left hand."

"'Kay."

The three approached Tsubone, who put out her left hand at Killua's reiteration. Something reached out and a bright light emitted from it, but not bright enough to keep the nails in Tsubone's hand from view. Alluka returned, and hugged Killua asking for a head pat. Soon after, she fell asleep, and Killua carried her.

"Something has never made a cruel request after healing someone. Something is kinder than anyone." And tears were in his eyes, "The one who's cursed is the one who wishes." That didn't change the glare that replaced them when he turned to Illumi, "If you refer to Something as an object again, I won't consider you my brother anymore."

"Got it, Kil." Illumi saluted, "If you can heal Gon without any risks, that's terrific. But that doesn't change the fact that Something is dangerous, and my questions remain unanswered. Kil, you're still hiding something. Such as how Milluki's Rule 5 doesn't apply to you. Until you tell me everything, I won't let Alluka go." He then turned on his heels and walked away, being followed by his Needlemen.

Stupid. Killua thought.

"Oh, almost forgot. Yukiko." He glanced back, and her ocean eyes perked up to him.

"Take care of Kil."

Stupid. I don't need you to tell me. She mentally said, but thought little of it after they separated and went to the car that's headed for the hospital.

~*~

"How's Master Alluka?"

"She's still asleep. We're waiting for her to wake up."

Killua brought Alluka and Yukiko to the room where Gon was confined in. The beeps of the machine supposed to keep his life hanging by a thread and the rest of the hospital instruments reminded her so much about life before freedom, but it was easy to forget once they seated and she was watching the two siblings... Be siblings.

~*~

Working seemed like the only successful form of distraction at this point.

Akira came home successful from a whole day's work as usual, and didn't bother with any pleasantries from anyone and went straight to her room. This time, the door was almost alive, opening and closing when she passed, as well as the lights. Taking herself out of 'a job mood' she studied her features closer in the mirror.

Her hair was a little more vibrant, and her eyes were livelier. They weren't as dull and sunken as before, and she was all in all blooming. Yet, through all that Ace has helped her, why was something... Out of place?

"Kira?"

Her eyes shot to the door, followed by the quick steps that led her to it and her almost throwing the door off its hinges. That was the bad thing about being in Ace's presence; she became too destructive.

"Yes, Ace?" Discomfort could easily be seen in his face, filling her with anxiety. He sighed, "I have to tell you something."

"What's going on? Ace, you're scaring me." She closed the door behind her, "Don't make this a big thing."

"It is, Kira."

There they stand in the hall, submerged in silence so sharp it doesn't need any blade to be cut.

Akira held his hands up, giving him a confused look.

"Akira, I'm gay."