Gist of the Confrontation

Edited on July 20, 2016, 6:31 PM

Under the cover of the thick smog, Akira's right hand became enclosed in flames, and when she lifted it, the bare skin where the wound used to be was now healed. Time wasn't on her side as she checked her mother, her sister, and her Certain. All of them were still breathing, but barely. She Manipulated their sleeping forms into one side and debated how they would regain consciousness when a voice spoke again.

"It's no use. They provided me with such a selfless meal they disregarded valuing their lives." The smoke barely cleared, but it was still safe to say that it made minimal damage to Akane. It was evident in her voice. Amira and Yamera however, were not so lucky.

Fire licked Akira's whole form, and the crimson in her orbs once again resurfaced. Akane was holding both her hands up as if choking them. Amira and Yamera's forms were levitating before her, but Akira can familiarize the same energy coming from them to her. She was taking their Nen.

"You do realize that aura is linked to one's mental state, correct? Once that mental state is shaken, taking someone else's Nen is nothing more than child's play. Of course, only if stealing is natural to you."

She can steal someone else's abilities. "So you're not a Manipulator?"

"Oh, I am." she threw both bodies behind her, and they crashed to the wall. Akane raised her hand towards the broken door and restored it to its previous state even before Ivan and Evo could go through. They were left banging on the reinforced wood now. Akane nonchalantly drops her hand and gaze to the heiress.

"Why do you think I was able to get where I was? I modified Hiro's memories and put myself in Milla's place." she paced back and forth almost mockingly, "The day he saw him, the day she agreed into marriage, the day he first realized his love... I have deep feelings your father, you know. That's why I kept Milla in isolation, because I needed her sanity to ensure that he doesn't leave me. Until the day I kill him, anyway." she smiled, "But you? She was pregnant with you, and I thought that gaining your trust would be my trump card into being a believable Siren in his eyes. I went so far as to stop myself from rushing everything and proceed on a killing spree whenever we would visit the Zoldyck Estate, and then I realize that you have a twin!?" as quick as her anger had appeared, it dissipated, "But oh, I took care of that. I made you forget that young boy, Illumi Zoldyck, and made you think that Midori was the first Certain you found. You wonder why you react that way to him? It's because on your case, you can almost be considered reincarnations."

Her eyes twitched, "Refreshing lies?"

"Oh yes, well... the decision of blowing my cover for personal guidance of those two might be the most reckless one I've done."

And I'll make sure it's the last thing you do.

"You spoiled Sirens were only given leeway and time to track me down because I was leeching off of one. I made sure your Certains won't be granted such freedom."

Akira bolted off and wielded flaming blades, and for some time, she and Akane were engulfed in a tense and close match. Even though she possessed deep loathing for the woman she saw as her mother for the greatest deal of time, Akira had to commend her of her prowess. She made sure that she was capable of carrying the Yakuza name, but that didn't justify the actions in which she trekked within the family. She was still to be hated.

An assassin doesn't need a deep-seated purpose to kill. They naturally just do it for money, or some kind of material benefit. Akira knew that this anger she was feeling was degrading her from being called such, but when you learn that the woman you thought as your mother turned out to be the kidnapper of your younger twin and biological mother, as well as the person who wanted to make sure that every shot you have at happiness will be demolished even before you can set your eyes on it, you'd be mad too.

Akira shoved her away when she tried to touch her, but it slipped by her that Akane's abilities would still work without bodily contact. Thus she was unable to react quick enough when she was lifted off of the ground, forcefully being choked by Akane's Nen.

Familiarity washed over her, as she felt her eyes droop and consciousness fade. Akane's words sounded like she was speaking through water, but it was still pretty much all taunts. It has to be, right? Even before Akira was born, she possessed diamond-hard hate for all four women of the family. It has to be...

Her mind was already leaving her, but Akira was still able to see. Able to see a red, warm liquid spill from her head across the tilted floor, see Akane's tilted shoe, see her tilted face, see the familiar fireball Akira remembered Conjuring not so long ago.

Blue flames suddenly appeared at the edges and corners of the room, and the initially white walls darkened until they were engulfed in total darkness. Yukiko slowly opened her eyes and scanned the room with a confused look, but knew that if she moved, it's the last thing she can do.

Ivan and Evo faced the ominous presence behind them, then made way. A hand reaches to turn the knob of the door, and the blue flames inside got lesser. The ends of his black hair also had small blue flames in it.

Akane stepped away, Conjuring flaming swords. How she tried to act calm was how she failed, because as the door was shoved forcefully out the way, she still stepped back.

Illumi's steps echoed through the room, and Akane scowled at the blank face he was making, because the Nen he administered betrayed it.

"I need to ask you a few questions."