Akira: Didn't See That Coming

Edited on April 17 2016, 6:16 PM

New synopsis and cover, cuz WHY NOT!? 🎆🎆🎆😂✌

"I should be the first person to know when you get to accomplish killing Chrollo. If you don't, I'll be ahead of Machi and brutally kill you."

"In more ways than what one would normally think?"

Damn, he knows and he trolls. I close my eyes with a smile, "We're not normal and that's the problem."

Hisoka and I, along with the exorcist and the spiders left the game. It was originally going to be only Hisoka that sees me back but this is the Troupe; what would I of all people expect? I'm popular even with the people I don't want to seem popular to.

In any case, it feels weird to be back in the real world. I don't know, it just does. How I can't use my ring anymore to open Book and revel in the sight of those empty slots... I'll miss it all.

When we passed one particular part of the forest, blood lust was channeled our way. When Hisoka and I's eyes glanced at each other, it grew stronger. I don't know if I should be glad or scared that I didn't recognize him for his aura anymore, but in any case I knew who it was.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and the hostility got less all of a sudden. "Feel free to call me if you need help with anything."

"Anything?" came my smirk, and he winked cheekily at me. Their presences left which gave him the leisure of spouting out uncontrollably at me, but to my surprise, I got silence.

"Well? Aren't you going to be mad at me?"

A few leaves to the left rustled, but I was rather surprised that he can do aura misdirection as well as I could.

"No."

Even his voice sounds weird now. Did spending that much time with Hisoka made me retarded?

"Takara... I need to tell you something..."

"How important is it?" I cross my arms, and even though he didn't show any signs of being confused, he blinked twice. If he was surprised, he'd do it three times, and if he was unimpressed, only once.

"So I can decide if I want to listen, or how much effort should I put into listening." he blinked once.

"I'm going home."

For roughly a second, it was I who stood confused. He continued, "Hisoka and you seemed really happy before playing Greed Island."

"You should've been there." This is weird. Why is his Nen fluctuating all of a sudden? I thought.

"But I wasn't, is that correct? I can now see the benefit of turning down your request because I would've seen it unfold right before my eyes; how I was beaten before I knew what was happening. Who knows what... impurities you and your imbecile had possibly done in that game."

I scoffed. Did this man honestly think Hisoka and I...? Well, if you count the fantasies I've been having for a while from that one time when I saw Hisoka na--- that's besides the point-!

"You have a marriage to look forward to, Takara. If I were you, I'd obey my parents like the dog that I am." then he was gone before I could protest.

But he seemed really serious. I guess that could be expected from someone like him, but to have fluctuating aura while he does so? What was going on? No...

What went on while I was gone?

~*~

Still, for the fifth time, I tried convincing myself that I really am going home. I really am going back to that hell that never failed to make me the... thing I never wanted to be. The front gate, that Testing Gate, was slowly coming into my range of sight and I don't want it--I don't like it one bit. I hate home, and sure, it's been a year and the marriage thing really is coming into effect... but I don't know. I just hate... everything related to my parents. Excluding my siblings, I hate everything and I know it in myself that I'm not on my period.

"Welcome back, Akira-sama."

I barely glanced to the new voice. She's probably the replacement for Robin after what Illumi did to him. I don't care. I just... don't. I found myself being in a really vacant and obscure mood after this new fiasco about Illumi and I know if anyone in the house strikes me wrongly, I will pull the most awesome Illumi behavior I could ever make with them, it's like they'll look at the female version of the guy.

Or at least that's how I want it to go. There's just those times that the events you want the most to go as they seem in your head are the very ones that go exactly as you don't plan them. I was just a zombie even as I entered the house already. I even ignored the twins who were playing in the forest.

"Finally back."

One can never be too relaxed, especially around my mother. I've seen Aunt Kikyo get crazy a lot of times when we used to see one another through her, and for a great deal of time I grew up wondering who's more insane, but then I remember it was Akane Yakuza that made my torture training harder than it needs to be, so I'm good.

"I hope you didn't miss me so much, Mom." I turned to her and she crossed her arms with this angry look on her face. At least she's more expressive than Illumi's mom; I just don't know if that's a good thing. "I hope you've had your fill wandering around with Kikyo's eldest son and his friend."

"Illumi and Hisoka, yes." I impassively -and quite sarcastically- say, looking away from her. You mess with my friends, you mess with me... Even if you're family.

"Don't have that tone of voice with me, young lady. I'm trying to have a proper conversation with you." she pointed her finger at me, and while my head was tilted to the side, my eyes shot back, flaring. "We're in the hallway, I just wanted to know if you missed me or not, and you get sarcastic about the people I've been around in the year I've been gone. If anyone's making this conversation inappropriate, it's you Mom."

And I meant every. single. word.