Illumi: At the Hideout

So I find myself in the place Hisoka led me to, dressed as him, with Takara nowhere to be felt. It seemed like it was, and at some point I believed it myself. I don't know how I managed, but she followed when I said she shouldn't come too close to me because she'd be sensed, given of her excellence. Not that I don't want her to be hurt any more than she should or play with her and the Troupe, but I just don't think the effort I'll exert will be enough to satisfy me if they did something to her. I don't want her to be near not because I want her hurt, but I don't want to hurt the Troupe too much if they do sense her near.

Some of the Troupe members look at me every once in a while, probably deciding against their better judgment about my true identity. Indeed, that kid Gon and my brother are still here and they were discussing about the exchange. I believe the one having Chrollo hostage is Kurapika, their other friend. This was a really foolish thing Kil had done to himself. If he had just gone home and stayed as he is, he wouldn't have been caught in this line of events and he wouldn't have been seen by me.

I really don't want to see him.

There, I said it. I don't want to see Killua. The sight of him just... brings back the side of me I don't like anymore. It brings out the Illumi I became familiar with, the Illumi I built in front of my parents and siblings to make them look up to me... the Illumi that Takara doesn't want to see. How can I cope with that? Revert to being the way I used to be before I decided to give Takara a chance?

I remain looking out through the window of the church at the pouring rain. It perfectly went with the confusion and grief that I was indeed feeling at the moment. She invaded my every thought, that woman. Or rather, invades, and I'm letting her in. I didn't even notice it until I was already too late and I was actually liking the distraction she was giving me. It might be bad, but it's good in its own way. A very toxic perplexity that had my callousness dematerializing without my awareness. I liked how the simple sight of her gives me relaxation, how the simple sound of her voice can balance and disrupt me at the same time even more than Hisoka can (and that's saying something since Hisoka is a very disturbing guy). Takara saw me as me, and I still don't know if that was a good idea or not.

A formidable enemy indeed... having the ability to expose my weakness like that. I will not let her any further. I should put limits soon, before I endanger even my family. I will not let her any further.

Then my phone buzzed just as I switched to sit by the exit.

You can slip out now.

It was from Hisoka, and trust me I was just about to go when I felt someone come in. I froze where I stood.

"I know I'm not supposed to be here, but..."

A darkened silhouette becomes illuminated by the dim light from both the lightning and the candles as vibrant red hair was seen from the head. Then brown eyes reflect off of our own and the rest of her body came along.

"Hisoka, what was taking you so long?"

Realizing she was talking to 'me', I close my eyes and smile. "I was just about to leave, Princess." So to speak, her arrival pronounced uproar from the more aggressive population of the Troupe. Namely, Franklin and Phinks.

"What are you doing here!? How did you find our base!? Did Hisoka bring you here!?"

"Fei, is this the lot you replaced me with??" she instead asked the masked troupe member that stayed silent by the back. Feitan narrows his eyes, "If it was...?"

"You don't have the best judgment around then, do you?" she approached him slowly.

"Akira-san!?"Gon exclaimed, making me remember they had history as well. I faintly touch the side of my face where Takara had slapped me from long ago... not that vivid in my mind anymore, that event. She cheerfully greeted my brother and his friend, quickly creating a conversation with them like they haven't seen each other in a long time and they caught up like they're not going to see each other again. After this, in a way, they are.