The Confrontation

Edited on July 18 2016, 5:54 PM

"Welcome home, Akira." A cold, mocking voice rung.

"Nee-san!! Nee-san, hide--" The voice of Yukiko intercepted hers, filled with panic and distraught. Akira's fists clenched and unclenched.

"You shut up, bitch." Akane's voice rung back, and the sound of skin against skin was heard. Yukiko's voice decreased into a whimper, yet Akira calmly faced the glass window and put her hands on the unused controls before it, those and a door being the only objects between them. Yukiko was getting choked by Akane's arm, gun obviously made of Nen to her head while another figure with brown hair laid on the ground, face out of view. Akira frowned, "You didn't instruct me to go alone."

Technically, she wasn't alone, but as long as she uses Zetsu on the earpiece she wore, Akane doesn't have to know what Akira was up to.

"Yet you did. I didn't appreciate that side of you, Akira." Akane smiled, "You were always an obedient, submissive... little bitch. Just like this one." she pushed the gunhole against Yukiko's head, but Akira just gulped it off. "Mind telling me what really happened?"

Pretending to deliberate it was something she wasn't good at doing, and Akira saw through it immediately. She didn't want to be hopeful, but if it was possible, Yukiko and Milla must make it out alive. Even without her.

"No."

"Then why didn't I approach any Roamers or Dwellers on my way in?"

"They're... late." Just as she said that, it's as if the walls themselves got kicked down at the amount of the creatures that piled in. Akane began to laugh a maniacal laugh, throwing Yukiko off to Milla as she hid the gun, watching the scenes unfold. "Show me how much you made progress, Akira. Then maybe I won't be the cause of the existence of the last of the Yakuzas. Might be you, might be her... might be neither." she grins. Akira was doubting her mental stability, but knew she was in quite the pickle. Finding no choice in it, flaming pistols materialized in her palms.

"Your fight is with me, Akane, and this is delaying that."

"Oh come on. If you can't fight them, you're not worth--" Akira swerved out of the claw of a Dweller, implanting its knee, chest, and head with flaming bullets before the body itself caught on fire.

"Convenient." Akane nodded, mockingly too.

She kicked off of the glass to satisfy herself with Akane's angered face, then pulled the trigger and eased through the horde that was barreling through the walls towards her.

The seemingly endless array took roughly 80% of her stamina and Nen. Akane's taunts were ceaseless as well, but she couldn't deny that it still struck a cord when she was bringing up Illumi. It still hurt, she wasn't going to lie, but she knew that blood was thicker than water.

She kicked off a Roamer's corpse and used a chainsaw to slice 3 behind her. A loud thud entered her ears, and the surprised expression in Akane's face only made her look more. The Roamer she kicked off from slid across the door, but there was some kind of liquid from its head that painted the direction it went down. It was glowing, and the next moment that Akira used flames, it too accidentally caught on fire.

Sending a cold glare Akane's way, she kicked off again, but this time stomped down forcefully on the controls and killed the lights on her side. It didn't matter, because soon the controls were on fire, and one after another, Roamers and Dwellers were thrown to it. Naturally, they'd need to touch it to leave it, but of course that's what Akira expected them to do. Akira was under the covers of total black, and Akane wasn't feeling too good about that.

Her eyes glowed crimson in the deep darkness, and she raised her left hand towards the door. The creatures under her mind manipulation all rushed to it, and began to pound and kick the door down. It didn't pose any difficulty and they piled into the next room a few moments later. Akira followed after watching Akane try fight them off with hand gestures.

Manipulator. She concluded, using the cover of the hordes to sneak up behind her and send a kick to the back of her head. A satisfying crack issued from it, and her whole body plummeted to the other side of the room. Roamers and Dwellers were heaving Yukiko and Milla away, and for a moment, she stood there confused. Could it be that under her influence, they've learned her intention? Not so mindless after all, if it is so.

Suddenly, a large portion of the room was barreled through by a truck, and Ace quickly jumped from the driver's seat towards Akane. The elder woman emerged victorious for a moment by clicking the trigger strapped to her hand, which made the creatures create a large explosion and throw them off.

Akira coughed dust, and she reopened her dim chocolate eyes to see Yukiko right beside her. Unconscious, but breathing. A wave of relief swept through Akira, but was quickly made short-lived by the palpitation she suddenly felt.

She turned her head, and almost froze when she saw tendrils of Nen come from her unconscious Certain towards betrayal reincarnate. It went through their joint hands, and before she could recover, Akane already let go of him and faced her.

"Did you really think you could outsmart me?"

A blue trail crept silently and quickly at her feet, followed by blinking light. Akira struggled to put herself to her feet, only noticing the damage her left side has taken. As her right hand comes to apply pressure to it, her left twitches, and a grin appears on her face. A different kind of fire coursed through her arm, as she looked up with a sharp visage. "I didn't think I could. I know I could."

Her hand rose, and from her palm materializes the trigger that made the ice trail combust, in the form of a small red and orange ball. The explosion was roughly tenfold than Akane's creatures have made, but this time, Akira was ready.