Underrated 365 Days

Things seemingly forgot how to be sullen and monochrome in Akira's life. She wanted the Certain she has now to talk to the Certain she had a year ago, when he thought that he won't be accepted because of his sexuality. Guilt has long since pulled at her heartstrings when Ace first told her that he has no plans to look for another girl, satisfied at being on friendly terms with her. And she has long since left desperation and decided to shut out her Specialization powers completely, leading to the vibrant life that greets her. She has her parents intact, her siblings happier, a one-year old nephew, and a lovable, smitten twin sister. Life has changed for the better.

"Akira, where are you going?" Milla's head peeked through the other side of a wall when her successor was making her way to the front doors. She just offered a smile, "Karei City, mom. A stargazing festival is being held there tonight, and I want to see."

"Alright." She nodded, and disappeared from sights as Akira left the estate and made her way back, a shine in her light brown and a glistening shimmer to her longer red hair.

~*~

"You finally moved."

Illumi just ignored his father's remarks and grabbed the file reserved for him. Kalluto, Milluki, and Kikyo gaped at his sudden arrival, but he just remained intent to the new job for him. He almost hadn't left his room for 7 months, save during jobs that were near the mountain and wouldn't require too much effort as to even hide all evidence. In his defense, he wanted to be hellbent on controlling Killua again, but there was no room for more denial when he knew that forgetting her is the last thing he can do. Silva was crossed at his 'dwindling' skills and has issued isolation a couple of times, but now that the limitation was lifted a few months ago and it was of his volition alone that he had shunned himself away, his family was actually glad to see him active.

"It's in Karei City. Can I trust you on this, son?" Silva quizzically questioned, earning a nod from Illumi.

~*~

"She's leaving! She's leaving!" Milla came into the room, grinning and giddy. Yukiko fell off the ladder in surprise from the top of the shelves, but managed to control some water that Amira froze so that she slid off ice instead. Hiro faced her, just as the telephone rung. "Master Hiro, Master Silva Zoldyck wishes to talk to you."

"Put him on." the rest anxiously huddled about as he was put in speaker, and soon, Silva's voice resounded in the study. "Illumi has left. Where's Akira?"

"On her way." Hiro replied, and Silva hummed, "That's good. The kids will go then?"

"Tell them to try and keep up." he smirked, making Silva chuckle. Other voices were heard too, so they presumed they were listening in as well. "Back at you, Hiro."

~*~

Stars were really beautiful. The way they glisten in the sometimes velvet and sometimes midnight sky and how they scatter around symbolizes more than one aspect of life that people take for granted. 

It's funny how Karei City's stargazing festival can change so much in the span of a year, but Akira still wanted to pay visit and respect to it. True, the first time she's been here was with someone she didn't dare remember, but this place holds more happy memories than most and she wants to acknowledge each of those moments.

Yet, through the lesser amount of people than the previous year and the spring ambiance of the festival, rose petals replaced the cherry blossoms that she had expected. It's beautiful just the same, but this must be coincidental, so she let it pass and pressed on into the event, seeing the whole place in a new and more beautiful light. Illuminated by the fireflies that float about the way, the sentimental mood was being more and more enhanced. 

Out on a cliff that was perfectly situated to view her, Yukiko, Killua, Alluka, Amira, and Kalluto was watching the two move about. Akira just entered, and Illumi was roaming around for his target. The Yakuzas were amazed that Hiro was able to coax Silva into giving Illumi a fake mission just so he has a reason to go where Akira would, and they can see why. The scope that Kalluto wore enabled Milluki and whoever else was watching to see as well, and then Yukiko faced them.

"She particularly wore adaptive clothing, so it's just right to let her be misdirected with coldness and air. Amira-nee and Kalluto will direct them, but Kalluto needs to be in higher ground to see for Milluki. In order to fake a storm, Killua, if you will?"

"I wish I would get as much effort from my siblings as you give your sister." Killua threw his hands behind his head as Kalluto and Yukiko gave him unimpressed looks.

"Anyway, I'll support Kalluto just in case Illumi is close to recognizing her Nen, and Milluki will take care of the fireflies. Kira-nee loves fireflies. And chili."

With a tick mark in his head, Killua turned her around, "That's enough randomness for one day, Yukiko. Let's just go."

"Whatever." they went to their positions and Alluka grabbed Killua's hand again as they trudged down the less steeper side to the area. They particularly reserved the place to be not so crowded, and as the team did their contributions, the two were still oblivious to it all.

Illumi just wanted to finish the job and get home, get back to tracking down Killua and Alluka and the internal stability he was getting. It was supposed to just be like that as long as he wishes it, but no, his obedience had to kick in and Silva had to send him this far from home. If it was any other situation, he would've appreciated the silence and minimum amount of people paired with the breathtakingly sentimental sights.