Hidden in Plain Sight

Edited on June 3 2016, 7:25 AM

"Re... remembering...?" She hesitantly voiced, glancing from Evo to Ivan repeatedly until the latter spoke an explanation, his porcelain face illuminating his stern expression.

"The seal of Akane's powers on you. Amira-nee, as well as nii-sama lasts exactly 16 years before she has to implement or at least enhance false memories into your minds again. Now that she's created too much distance and narrowed her sights on finding out why and how Yukiko got out as well as if your mother had anything to do with it... we can have more time."

"She's needed to refresh lies, so if she's gone then why does that give us more time?" Amira inquired, and the expression on their faces grew darker. Evo was the next to speak, "I'm glad that you trust us enough to let us tell you this. You are very talented assassins and know when someone is lying. Even though we're modified, we can still have those flaws."

"Evo, we're still human." Ivan glanced, then faced Amira, "Actually, that gives Sirens more time. With Certains..." his eyes found an apprehensive Yamera, "...I can't say the same thing."

"W-Why?" Akira asked.

"If your memories aren't refreshed in a numbered amount of days, your Certains will receive twice the mental damage and shortly fall into insanity if it doesn't take time by staying away from Akane."

"How long do we have?"

"Roughly four days."

"Is that enough to track them down?" Akira spoke again, "We don't know where that bitch went and the last time I saw Yukiko was also the first time."

"What? Where?" She frowned at Evo, "Why do you care?"

"Akira, did she stand on solid ground?" He seemed to know something she doesn't, and that in itself is already an annoying aspect of the conversation. "She did, so what?"

Ivan and Evo shared a look. The former monitored the cameras around once again and it showed the familiar balcony. Talking about themselves a bit returned as memory in front of Akira's eyes as she crossed her brows in confusion at how Ivan was staring at her. Before he got asked about it, she was beaten, "Is this the place?"

She wordlessly nodded.

Evo nodded at his brother and returned back outside. Akira crosses her arms and leaned against the wall near the screens at the side as Ivan regained his seat. Yamera and Amira were just talking it out, as well as discussing about the baby. "What will he do?"

"The Nen abilities don't change even though it's modified. You never really did see much of us when you were a little thing, but Evo can track where someone is currently by the place they recently stepped or held. So long as it's earth."

"And what can you do?" She skeptically questioned, and he slightly smirked, "Of course the same way, since we're twin brothers and all, with the exception that like there are fragments of earth in metal, there are fragments of general specifications within my predictions."

"...that's good to know."

He cautiously glanced at her then, "I... won't force you to trust or believe every word we say, Kira. We just want to help you get your family back together."

"I know, but my 22 years of life is a lie and I can't easily go through that." By now, Evo has returned and transferred pieces of the ground he took into two pairs of gloves, as well as putting metallic substances in with one pair. It was for Ivan in order for him to easily process the location of who they need to track.

"And we completely understand that, Evo and I. We understand that we were involved in making you stand up with the help of lies but it wasn't exactly hellish right? You... get to meet your third Certain, Illumi, at least."

"Don't talk about him." she sternly says, eyes becoming a dangerous red.

"Nii-sama!" Evo calls, breaking the tension between them suddenly, "Could you show Akane's identity form and her activities on data?"

He just silently operated and her profile showed on the largest screen, also the middle one. It said that her real last name was Gyaxaki and she was a renowned criminal before her activities become less and less for an unknown reason. And then when it showed her constant activities on screen, most of them were relative to this accident now, and then entries put there by the twins.

Akane Gyaxaki wanted to be a professional assassin because she wanted to disrupt the treaties and quiet peace between other assassin families. She had worked her way up and abdubcted Lady Milla Yakuza while she was 4 months with twins. She said the time to do this will be soon but my brother Ivan and I knew that one day, we will forsake this family of her pestilence. She doesn't belong in the family, and neither do we, but there is something about the new members of it that will bring her downfall into great emphasis.

"Wait, I don't get it." Akira stood back as Amira voiced that she was ready and talked a plan through with Yamera and Evo. "If Yukiko is younger than me by years, then how are we twins?"

"She didn't know that you're twins until the first time we were at the Zoldycks' Estate. Your Nen, Akira, it wavered whenever you would spend your time with Illumi because back then, he was more expressive."

"As expressive as that douche can go."

"Please don't be mean. He's still your Certain." She rolled her eyes but didn't say any more, "You and Yukiko underwent something called Fetus Papyraceous. One twin carries the embryo of the other, provided that the elder is female. Akane modified your memories at the Zoldyck Estate where she discovered you had a twin, but when you were born alone, she thought Yukiko died. She was actually carried by you, Akira and taken from your womb when you and Akane got involved into an predicament that caused a concussion and spine accident. You wonder why you had to change your posture constantly as a child and Akane is very fragile about her stomach. This is why; Akane became Yukiko's surrogate mother."