Epilogue

"What's wrong?"

Illumi deeply sighed, brushing back his hair with one hand and gripping his phone with the other. He threw it into the water all of a sudden, and began pacing. Akira couldn't hear what he was muttering about, just that he sounded stressed when he did it. She eventually built up enough, either stupidity or bravery, to hold his shoulder and stop him.

"That's enough, Illumi."

Killua deadpanned at seeing Yukiko silently enjoy the spasm the scene was giving her. They and the others were situated on all 4 sides of the square, all spectating this and awaiting signal. "Really, you're an idiot..." he muttered.

"He set us up."

"Who?"

"My dad." he returned to pacing again, "Well, o-... our dads."

"They wanted us to meet?"

Illumi looked away, but that was enough of an answer as any.

"And I assume there's also Nen around the bridge that's supposed to stop us from ditching each other."

Yukiko blinked.

"Your sister is smart." Killua smirked, "What happened to you?"

She flicked his forehead and let him writhe in front of a giggling Alluka.

"They know we have a tendency to do so." Illumi supported. Surprisingly, Akira found herself agreeing with him.

"I heard our moms talk. Miss Kikyo said you were getting desperate to control your siblings."

It made him remember the Hunter Exam. Back when he didn't know why she reacted the way she did... but now, it's different.

"I'm not going to kill them, all right? They're still family."

"So his parents never saw him as a son, is that what you're saying?" she propped herself up on the bridge ledge and faced him as a cold breeze sweeps by. Illumi wanted to take back his words but Akira raised a finger, "Ah! No need to defend what you said..! I've moved on."

"Because of Ace."

"No. Not exactly."

His head perked up, and showed Akira a confused look. She sighed, fixing her sleeves, "The only reason I'm giving you a chance is because of him."

"And this isn't a prank?"

Yukiko and Killua smirked at each other.

"Really?" Akira monotously says, "You won't be able to tell, in this distance," she got on her feet, "If I was lying or not?"

"Huh?" Yukiko smiled, "Regardless of the presence a Siren and Certain spends around one another, they would still be able to determine a lie by heartbeat and brainwaves alone."

"...cool."

"I don't want you to feel obligated."

Akira tilted her head, "What makes you think I'm unwilling to do this?"

Illumi quite anxiously held his neck, "A lot of things..."

"Which I won't let you name."

"But... why? I don't deserve it, I don't deserve... you."

"You hurt me, provided." she stepped on the ledge and walked absentmindedly to and from it, "You disregarded my feelings and opinions some few times... threatened my sister..."

His eyes slightly widened, and she raised an eyebrow as if to say 'What makes you think I don't know?'

"And suspected me and Hisoka..."

"Could you stop making me feel bad about everything already?" he asks, annoyed, "I already regret leaving you to Akane."

"Yeah, she tortured me and Mira-nee while she was pregnant." she nodded nonchalantly, "Yet I can never be as hurt as when you left me."

"Well, what do you want me to say?" Illumi scowled. It made her stop walking and face him, "I don't want you to say anything. You're not good with words."

"Thanks for the compliment." he sarcastically says leaning on the ledge, "I spent more than a year weighing all my possible choices."

She approached, and sat back beside him, this time her legs dangling above the river. "So that's why I felt divided and troubled."

He looked at her, "I want you to do the same."

"Look me dead in the eyes and see how much I'm not sure about this." she dares, staring him down and immediately regretting it when he obliged. Much to his amusement, he saw no traces of hesitance in her vibrant crimson-chocolate eyes. Whatever happened between her and Ace, he was thankful. Too preoccupied the both of them was to even notice their faces were closing in.

BOOM!

Akira got unbalanced and wobbled in shock so much, Illumi had to grab her and guide her back. Familiar faces were showing up walking to them as fireworks were consecutively flying up the night sky. They didn't even notice photos were being taken until Illumi almost lost his fuse again, to which Akira kissed him as a successful distraction. Killua covered Alluka and Yukiko's eyes, Yukiko covered Killua's and Kalluto's, and Alluka and Kalluto accidentally covered one another's. They stayed that way until Milla tapped them. "Is it over?"

"Yes, Yukiko-chan." she laughs. Their hands fall, and Killua sneakily looked away while holding Yukiko's hand. She also looked away to hide the blush.

That was the first time that Illumi smiled. He carried her back as they faced the familiar faces, particularly two of them being Julian and Lisa.

"Before you have your go at each other," Hiro intervened, "They were helping to determine if you were bonded."

"What."

Milla laughed, joining them, "Heartbeats and brainwaves are the most solid proof to determine a bond. That's how it works around here." she smiled while sending Hiro a sneaky look.

"I've learned that Miss Akane Gyaxaki,"

"Oh no." Yukiko's jaw dropped.

"took your memories of meeting one another after she learned that Princess has a twin," he sent her a sweet smile that she nodded to, through her stifled fangirling. Killua hit Yukiko with his arm and she flinched, whispering, "What?!"

"but since Amira-san and Yamera-san have already bonded physically, they just observed Illumi's behavior towards Kira-hime. Am I wrong?"

"Precisely correct as you always are, Hisoka." Amira nodded, "And also, the necklace I gave you? That one?" she pointed to the jewelry Akira didn't even realize she was wearing. She just thought it was nice to wear it to the festival.

"The mere fact that you two didn't flinch or had any sort of negative reaction to that is enough for us."

They looked at each other then, seeing the glint of understanding flash between their eyes before they laughed.