Chapter 9: Mela

Immediately I drove off, to begin my journey to ira's place we began chatting on the way. Then she became suddenly quiet which made me feel awkward.

"Ira is never quiet like this." My inner voice said.

"I think something is bothering her." I replied back.

"Let's ask her?" The voice asked.

"Nah, if she's ready to tell me, she will." I said not wanting to stick my nose where it doesn't belong.

"Mela do you think Erald would ever love me." She asked randomly and sounded a little worried taking me out of my thoughts.

"C'mon ira you so pretty and your heart is as good and pure as crystal, who wouldn't fall in love with you and by the way even if he doesn't it's his loss, so don't worry okay?" I said turning over to her and flashed her my smile.

"Ira seems to be so into that weirdo." The voice said.

"But ira don't you think you're becoming obsess with this Erald guy, you barely even know him." I said taking my eyes back to the road.

"No Mel, am not obsessed about him okay!!" She said giving me a look by the corner of her eyes.

"Okay if you say so." I replied back not believing any word she said, because I can clearly see it.

"She's damn obsess, crazy girl." The voice said.

"I don't know how Ira fell for that weirdo guy, and h......."

"Let's go have some fun." She said with a mischievous grin, interrupting my thoughts.

"No way am not having any fun , am going to read because I didn't read the whole day." I said with a serious voice as I kept my eyes on the road.

"C'mon mel why are you so boring, you're such a joy killer Mel. How the heck did we even become best friends." She said.

"I am not boring and ain't a joy killer either, if you want to go have fun you could am not stopping you and as for us becoming best friends I don't know how comes. And by the way I just love my space and privacy."

"Whatever." She said as I noticed from the corner of my eyes that she got looking out of the window.

"But am going to a party." She said without looking in my direction.

"Whose party are you going to?" I asked like a mom who was interrogating her daughter.

"Am going to Louisa's party." She answered.

"Which Louisa are you talking about?" I asked.

"That same one." My inner voice said.

"Just shut up." I yelled at the voice.

"The arrogant one that has lots of pride because she has a big butt right?" I asked wanting to be sure if the Louisa I'm thinking about.

"Yes she's the one, she invited me to her party today so you can come along if you want to." She said.

"I knew it." The voice said mockingly.

"I am definitely not going to that arrogant girl's party because we might end up having a fight." I said with a serious tone, as I had my fist tightened against the starring wheel.

"Angry tigress."

"Shut the fuck up." I yelled at the voice.

"Please mela just tag along for my sake please, I wouldn't let you guy's cross each other's path not at all, just follow me, just this one time and I wouldn't ask again." She said as I took my eyes of the road and saw her with a pleading eyes.