Chapter 12: Mela

"No you wouldn't do that because they are both your wife and daughter." I said shaking violently.

He laughed briefly and said; "why do you think i would spare them if I didn't spare you huh?"

Yes his right, if he didn't spare me then he wouldn't spare them both.

   "What more can be expected from a monster like him." My inner voice said cussing at him.

"What do you want from me? Haven't you take enough yet? Don't you feel satisfied with what you already took from me you beast?"

"Language mela." He said with a calm voice yet I could feel the rage in his voice.

I had already started sobbing. "Why are you these to me? What have I ever done wrong to you? Was it so wrong that I ended up in your family? Was it wrong that I had to be your daughter?" I asked sobbing uncontrollably but silently.

"Oh please stop being melodramatic, i don't have time for all these." He said with a disgusted tone.

"Now listen to me, you have to do as I will say in order for your mom and sister to stay alive. Each and every command of mine that I give to you needs to be obeyed without any questions." He said with a devilish and serious voice.

"What do you want me to do?" I mustered the courage to say every word.

"When the time comes you would be told what to do and then you would do everything that is told of you, right now I'll end the call and yes one more thing anytime I call you up, you will have to pick up the call or else your loved ones would pay the price for your stubbornness and when you speak to me, speak to me with respect and no curse words. Okay?" He said deadpanned.

"Okay." I said trying to process everything that just happened because everything just feels so surreal that I fail to understand everything.

"Good girl, bye for now." He said and ended the call.

Oh God is it not better if you had taken my life, why all these? I never thought a day would come where my own dad would threaten me and emotionally blackmail me using my mom and sister which are both his wife and daughter. Why does these always happen to me?

  "Well you can expect him to behave nice with you."

"But they're both his family also." I replied as I continued sobbing in the hallway when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I had to quickly wipe my tears off so neither Mira nor anyone else would see me crying.

I turned to the direction the foot steps were coming, it turns out it is Brayan and a girl which I presume is the girl he brought last night.

"Hey Mel, good morning." Brayan said with a cheerful voice.

"Good morning Brayan, how are you doing this morning?" I said faking a smile.

"I am absolutely well Mel, how are you faring now?" Brayan said with a concerned look.

"Am okay Rayan, hey Ms." I said to Brayan and the girl next to him.

"Hi good morning." She said, "my name is Rena." She added.

"Oh Rena you have a nice name." I said.

"Thank you." She said smiling.

"Welcome." I replied.

Rayan are you going to drop her off?" I asked.

"Mel were you crying?" Rayan asked with a curious and concerned tone.

"No I wasn't. Why would I cry." I said faking my laughter.

"Okay if you say so."

"Yes I did. I am absolutely fine." I said lying through my teeth.