Chapter 17: Mela and Mira

MELA'S POV

When ira told me that she went to mom's place I was, so elated that she went over there. And when she told me that Grandma misses me a lot, I felt this sudden happiness amidst the chaos that has been going on in my head.

And when she said grandma had asked for me to come, I felt like my happiness knew no bounds. I was happy because someone actually missed me.

"But he would be present there. What if he does something rash?" My inner voice asked me reminding me about that monster in a human clothing.

"No he wouldn't mom, grandma, Brayan and Ira would be there, they wouldn't let anything happen to anyone." I replied trying to convince both myself and the voice.

    "I guess." A faint voice spoke inside my head.

  But Ira mentioned that Grandma had asked for us all to come by at weekend. But how could I go because that beast said he would introduce me to the Mafia family. How could I go to two places at once. Maybe I would go to grandma's on Friday, I guess that would be great. Oh no I seem to be forgetting Ira said during the weekend and today is just Monday, I would tell Ira that we should all go on Saturday this week, after all that beast said next weekend, and it was just yesterday he had called.

I just hope the Erald am going to meet, isn't the Erald Mira wants.

I'm not doing this by my will but I'm doing it for my loved ones. Because I don't want to lose them. I said reminding myself.

"Of course Mel, you ain't doing it for yourself." The voice said again.

******

When I got down to go get food for I and Ira, I saw Tessa in the kitchen washing dishes, and she looked a little annoyed.

"Hey Tessa." I called out to her.

"Yes Mela." She answered.

"You're good?" I asked.

"Yes I am." She replied.

"Okay, could you make something for Ira and I or you have already made something?" I asked.

"I am making lunch, I would be done in a few and I would serve you." She said smiling.

"Oh no need for that i would be taking the meal up to the room." I said.

"Okay Mela, let me get everything ready." She said while I sat down at the kitchen counter. While we were both at the kitchen, Tessa's phone rang for about a  minute but then she ended the call. The call came in again and she ended again, the call came in yet again and she wanted to end the call when I spoke up.

"Tessa why are you ending the call repeatedly?" I asked.

"I– I'm just busy with what am doing, I can't pick up the shitty asshole's call." She said but at the latter she said it under her breathe which I still heard.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Uhm.......no he's my brother." She replied.

"Oh, your brother huh? Okay then as you say." I said.

"Yes Mela." She said.

She began putting the meal which is pasta with some sauce and some cooked eggs on two separate dishes and then placed them on a tray, then she put some juice into two glass cups, and finally she put in some cutlery set that we would use to eat.

"Okay Mela, let's go, I'll hold it." She said while she picked up everything and started to walk.

"No, it's okay just give it to me." I said taking the tray from her.