Chapter 28: Mela

Days passed by slowly, my wounds healed but as each day passes by my anxiety increases knowing fully well that I am going to be married into a Mafia family that to at a young age. I'm just fucking 18 years old for crying out loud.

   "Well, he doesn't care, does he?" My inner voice uttered in a faint voice.

"Yeah, I know he doesn't care so, I just have to do this for Riddi and mom."

     "Yeah, right."

"Mel!!" I heard Ira's voice from outside my door as my eyes travelled to the door, the door swung open.

"Ira, what's up?" I asked her whilst faking my smile.

"Nothing Mel, I miss you." She stated with an elated voice while coming over to hug me.

    "No, Ira don't hug me."

"C'mon bitch!!" She said with her brows a little furrowed and with a puppy eyes but, I gave her the expression that I know for sure clearly stated I don't want it.

  "I'ma hug you whether you like it or not."

"My wounds ain't healed yet." I said lying.

    "That's a big lie Mel, it's already 6 days since you got back." She said stopping mid way as she gave me an angry stare.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes at her before I could blink an eye she jumped at me making fall on the bed together with her on top of me.

"You've become heavy Ira." I said giggling, because I know it isn't true.

  "Oh no do..."

"It's time for your meal Mela, get down." Mom yelled from downstairs cutting Ira off. And immediately she yelled, Mira jumped off my body and ran out of the room as if mom called her to come eat.

"Ira is just a foodie, and no one would believe it if they see her because of her perfect figure." My inner voice said.

"Yeah, see the way she ran out as if her name is Mela and not Mira." I replied.

"Yeah."

I unknowingly got my thoughts drifted back to that Erald of a guy.

  "What if that Erald is same Erald, I mean Ira would get mad at me, what if she stops talking to me?" I asked my inner voice, scared at the answer it would give.

"Well, there are chances that they're same Erald and there are also chances that they're not. And as for Ira not talking to you, I don't think it's possible because she loves you so much to not understand everything you would explain to her in the future." The voice said explaining things to me carefully.

"You're right I guess." I said not still sure.

"You guess?!?! I'm absolutely right." The voice said proudly.

"Whatever, don't boast around about you being right, idiot." I said in the normal tone that I normally use.

"Your moods are just like rollercoaster, no one knows when they get to change, not even me that lives inside you."

    "You ain't meant to dictate when my feelings change r...."

"Mela get down now!!" Mom yelled.

"You got meds to take young woman." She added.

Oh no.

"Oh yes." My inner voice said mockingly.

*****

It's been so many days now and I haven't heard about the death of kadrel nor Wills. Did Relesa really took care of everything like he had told me he would?