Chapter 23: Mela

"What do you mean by his your dad?" I said with a surprised voice, when I turned I saw that it's Roder speaking.

  "Yes you heard that right and you, what did you come to do inside this room. Get out." He said with a yell at the latter.

"But–"

"Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. Here." He said calmly but I could sense the anger in his voice.

  I quietly left there without a word, as I went down I saw someone in the kitchen but he is backing me.

"I know you are confused about all these, but I bet you wouldn't want to know anything." I heard the person speaking.

"Don't worry I would take you home and one more thing, you wouldn't tell anyone that I saved you, if Arnoldo Fernandez asks, tell him you did that yourself." He said turning to face me and I saw his face.

"You?" I said stupefied forgetting each an every word he said earlier.

  "Yes me." He said not even bothered at all.

"You're the first guy that came into the room I was locked up, and you were even so rude." I said with my eyes wide open as my mouth is left agape.

"Yes, you are so right." He replied less concerned as he began to whisk something in a bowl.

"Why did you save me?" I asked him.

  "You don't need to know." He said putting what he whisked into a pan which seemed like eggs.

  "But you told me that you were going to tell me everything." I said feeling disappointed.

"I said that because, I didn't want you to talk too much because you have an injury, if you had kept on talking then you would have lost much more blood." He said to me in a high voice but, he wasn't even paying attention to me.

   "And yeah, I owe you no explanations, don't ask me any questions." He declared to me deadpanned but he still didn't face me.

"How the hell do you know Arnoldo Fernandez, what the hell is going on?????" I yelled in frustration.

"I said I owe you no explanations." He said with a roaring tone, scaring the shit outta me.

   "You should have just let me die at that man's hands if you were going to give me such stupid talks." I said fuming and glaring at him.

"Oh yeah, I should have done that, crazy bitch." He said sounding annoyed.

"How's your injury anyways?" He asked now giving me an attentive look like he wasn't the one who just lashed out at me.

"I want to go home." I said brushing his question off.

"I just asked how your injury is."

"Thank you, the wound is fine." I said sarcastically.

"Here have your meal, I would drop you to LA tomorrow, you need to have a rest. And yeah, here's your pills, take then, it's a pain relieve for your wound, by tomorrow the pain would have alleviated." He said handing both the meal and pills to me.

  Can't lie, the meal looked delicious, it's spaghetti marinara with fried eggs, even though I want to refuse eating but my stomach is grumbling for food. Wait what day is it today?

"What's today? I mean what week day are we?" I asked feeling curious.

  "Today is Thursday, I think." He said not even sure of his answer.

"What do you mean you think?" I said with an amused look and paranoid voice.

  "Hey girl, you're at my home watch the way you speak to me?" He said fuming.