Love at First fight

Chapter 1: The Princess and the Bodyguard

Gray had always prided himself on being a professional. As Princess Zoe's bodyguard, he knew that his duty was to protect her at all costs, even if it meant putting his own feelings aside. And so, he had become an expert at hiding his emotions, always wearing a calm smile on his face no matter what.

But Zoe was different. She was a fiery and determined girl with a big short temper. There were days when she would wake up in a mood, and Gray would find himself at the receiving end of her anger. He knew better than to take it personally, but it was hard not to when her insults cut deep.

One fateful morning, Zoe woke up in an especially foul mood. She stormed into the living room where Gray was waiting, her eyes blazing with fury. "What are you smiling about?" she bellowed, her voice echoing through the room.

Gray's smile faltered for a moment, but he quickly composed himself. "Good morning, Princess. I hope you had a restful sleep."

Zoe scoffed, her face turning red with anger. "Restful sleep? How can I sleep when I have to deal with you every day? You're nothing but a worthless bodyguard!"

Gray's heart sank, but he refused to let it show. He had confided in Zoe about his insecurities, about the scars that ran deep within him. And now, she was using them against him in the worst way possible.

Unable to control her rage any longer, Zoe decided to run out into the streets alone. Gray, torn between his duty and his concern for her safety, followed closely behind. He knew that he had to protect her, even if she didn't want his help.

Chapter 2: A Lesson Learned

As Zoe ran through the bustling streets, her anger began to dissipate, replaced by fear. She realized that she had made a grave mistake, putting herself in danger without any protection. And just as she was about to be cornered by a bully, Gray appeared out of nowhere, his suit ripped and bruises covering his jaw.

Without hesitation, Gray fought off the bully, using his well-honed skills to protect the princess. His hands were cut and bleeding, but he didn't let that stop him. Finally, with one last blow, the bully retreated, leaving Zoe shaken and grateful.

Zoe's eyes widened as she took in Gray's battered appearance. She saw the consequences of her actions, the pain she had caused him both physically and emotionally. She wanted to apologize, to make amends, but Gray avoided her gaze and limped away as the other guards arrived.

Chapter 3: A Changed Perspective

The next day, Gray returned as Zoe's bodyguard, his injuries still evident. He moved with a slight limp, a constant reminder of the price he had paid to protect her. Zoe couldn't ignore the guilt that washed over her as she watched him.

Approaching Gray, Zoe mustered up the courage to apologize. "Gray, I... I'm so sorry for what I said. I didn't mean any of it. I was just angry and took it out on you."

Gray looked at her, his eyes filled with pain and disappointment. "Words have consequences, Princess. They can hurt just as much as any physical blow. But I accept your apology."

From that day forward, Zoe changed. She realized the impact her words had on others, especially someone as important to her as Gray. She learned to control her temper, to think before she spoke. And as for Gray, he continued to protect her, his calm smile now accompanied by a newfound strength and resilience.

Together, they grew, their bond strengthening through the trials they faced. And in the end, they both learned that forgiveness and understanding could mend even the deepest wounds.