loki

Title: Frozen Embrace

Genre: Drama

Chapter 1: A Cold Return

Loki sat on his chair in the Time Variance Authority (TVA), his mind still reeling from the mission he had just returned from in the Arctic. His hand, cold and numb, ran through his raven hair as he tried to shake off the chill that had settled deep within him. Blood trickled down from a cut above his left eyebrow, a painful reminder of the battle he had fought. With trembling hands, he reached for a piece of paper on his desk, intending to write a report, but his fingers shook too violently to form legible words.

Feeling a throbbing headache coming on, Loki massaged his temples with his forefingers, hoping to find some relief. Just then, Morbius and Silvy returned from their own mission, their presence a welcome distraction from Loki's troubled state. Silvy, lacking a desk of her own, perched on Morbius's desk, while Loki's desk was situated right next to his.

"What happened to you, Loki?" Morbius asked, concern etched on his face. Loki offered his signature smile, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Mission in the Arctic, a rogue variant. I managed to apprehend him, but..." He gestured to his disheveled appearance and the cold that seemed to seep from his very bones.

Morbius's concern deepened, and Loki's eyes flickered with a hint of magical green, betraying his anger. Running a hand through his hair in annoyance and confusion, Loki continued, "Well, I would have easily defeated him if I hadn't forgotten my knives. I was certain they were in my pocket." Silvy looked guilty, her gaze falling to the dagger she held in her hand.

"Actually..." she began hesitantly, holding up Loki's dagger. "I took it on our mission. I forgot you had one too." Loki's expression shifted, his anger threatening to boil over, but he quickly deflated, his shoulders slumping. "Oh, okay," he muttered, taking the dagger back from her with care.

Morbius stepped forward, closing the distance between them. "What are you doing?" Loki asked, confusion lacing his voice. "Giving you a hug," Morbius replied simply, enveloping Loki in his arms. He rubbed a hand soothingly on Loki's back, attempting to warm him. "You look like an icicle, Lokes."

Silvy, seizing the opportunity, slipped the dagger from Loki's hand and settled herself on Morbius's desk, meticulously polishing the blade. Loki was left speechless, caught in the embrace of Morbius, his mind racing with a mix of emotions. Morbius pulled away slightly, taking Loki's hands in his own and gently rubbing them to restore warmth. "Let's get you some hot cocoa," he suggested, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Silvy hopped down from the desk, dagger safely tucked away in her pocket. "Can't miss that," she chimed in, her mischievous smile lighting up the room. As the trio made their way out, Morbius noticed the cut on Loki's face and instinctively wiped away the blood. "What happened?" he asked softly.

"He got a lucky hit in," Loki replied, his hand instinctively reaching up to touch the cut, his self-consciousness evident. Morbius removed his hand and gently pushed Loki's hair back, his touch tender. "Come on, we'll fix that while we enjoy our cocoa."

And so, they left the confines of the TVA, embarking on a journey that would not only heal Loki's physical wounds but also bring them closer together, forging a bond that would withstand the trials and tribulations of their tumultuous lives.