Chapter 1: The Nightmare

Cal Kestis tossed and turned in his sleep, trapped in the clutches of a haunting nightmare. His brow furrowed, and beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he relived the horrors of his past. In his dream, he saw the destruction of the Jedi Order, the betrayal of his master, and the loss of his friends. The pain and guilt overwhelmed him, and he began to shout in his sleep.

"Please, no! Don't leave me!" Cal cried out, his voice filled with desperation. Tears streamed down his cheeks, mingling with the sweat on his face. The nightmare had taken hold of him, refusing to let go.

In the neighboring room, Cere Junda and Greez Dritus were jolted awake by Cal's cries. They exchanged worried glances before rushing to his side. Cere, always the calm and composed one, gently shook Cal's shoulder, trying to wake him from his torment.

"Cal, wake up! It's just a dream," Cere whispered, her voice filled with concern.

Greez, on the other hand, was not known for his subtlety. He barged into the room, his rotund figure huffing and puffing. "What in the galaxy is going on here? Can't a guy get some beauty sleep around here?"

Cere shot Greez a glare, her eyes narrowing. "Greez, show some compassion. Cal's having a nightmare."

Greez rolled his eyes, but his gruff exterior couldn't hide the genuine worry in his voice. "Alright, alright. I'll be compassionate. But only because you asked nicely."

As Cal's cries grew louder, Cere and Greez exchanged concerned glances. They knew they had to do something to help their young Jedi friend. Cere gently wiped away the tears from Cal's cheeks, her touch soothing and comforting.

Finally, Cal's eyes fluttered open, and he gasped for breath, his heart pounding in his chest. His cheeks were wet with tears, and he tasted the metallic tang of blood on his lip from biting it in his sleep. He looked up at Cere and Greez, his eyes filled with gratitude.

"Thanks, guys," Cal said, his voice hoarse. "I... I don't know what I would do without you."

Greez smirked, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, you'd probably be lost in the galaxy, getting into all sorts of trouble. We're just here to keep you in line, kid."

Cere chuckled, her eyes softening as she looked at Cal. "Don't listen to him, Cal. We're here for you, no matter what. Nightmares and all."

Cal's smile lit up the room, his wit shining through even in the darkest of moments. "Well, I guess I'll have to keep having nightmares then, just to see that smile on your faces."

Greez and Cere exchanged a knowing glance, their unspoken affection for Cal evident. They may not have said it out loud, but their actions spoke volumes. They were a team, bound by their shared experiences and their unwavering loyalty to each other.

As they settled back into their beds, the nightmare slowly fading away, Cal felt a sense of comfort and belonging. He knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he would always have Cere and Greez by his side, ready to face them together.

Little did they know, their journey was far from over, and the trials they would face would test their bonds in ways they could never have imagined. But for now, in this moment, they found solace in each other's presence, ready to face whatever the galaxy had in store for them.

And so, their adventure continued, with Cal, Cere, and Greez standing strong against the darkness, their friendship and camaraderie guiding them through the unknown.