Lokes

Chapter 1: Unveiling the Truth

Loki, Silvy, and Mobius were engrossed in their work, sorting through countless files in the Time Variance Authority's archives. The room was filled with the sound of shuffling papers and the occasional sigh of frustration. Loki, feeling the weight of the task at hand, sat on top of Mobius' desk, his legs swinging back and forth as he leaned against it.

As Loki absentmindedly ran a hand through his raven hair, his stress was palpable. His mind was racing, trying to make sense of the chaos that surrounded him. Silvy, noticing his unease, paused her dagger polishing and looked up at him. Her piercing gaze met his troubled eyes, which were glowing with a magical green hue.

Loki blinked deliberately, causing the magic in his eyes to flicker and fade away. He glanced up, catching Mobius' watchful gaze. "What?" Loki asked, his voice tinged with confusion. He turned around, expecting to find something amiss behind him, but there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Mobius shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "Nothing, Lokes. Just enjoy the work," he replied, trying to ease Loki's growing anxiety. Silvy, still observing Loki intently, couldn't help but voice her curiosity. "Loki, do your eyes emit power with your emotions?" she asked, her voice laced with genuine concern.

Loki nodded, his confusion deepening. The realization slowly dawned on him, and he furrowed his brow. "My eyes are flickering, aren't they?" he questioned, seeking confirmation from his companions. Mobius and Silvy nodded simultaneously, their eyes filled with understanding.

Feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration, Loki closed his eyes, trying to regain control over his emotions. His mind raced, searching for a way to suppress the power that seemed to betray his inner turmoil. When he opened his eyes again, the green glow had vanished, leaving behind his usual emerald irises.

"Apologies," Loki muttered, his voice laced with a hint of vulnerability. Mobius waved off his apology, a reassuring smile on his face. Silvy simply shrugged, returning to her task of polishing Loki's dagger. The room fell into a comfortable silence, the trio immersed in their work once more.