lockwood and co

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading this book as you probably noticed I have stopped titling my chapters. This book has gotten way longer than I expected so for anyone who's looking for a specific pairing/series it'll now be way easier to find. Hope thats okay, any problems please comment and again thank you so much.

Chapter 1: The Aftermath

Lockwood stumbled through the front door of 35 Portland Row, his body aching and covered in cuts and bruises. His once impeccable suit was now torn and tattered, evidence of the dangerous mission he and his team had just completed. Lucy, his loyal and ever-curious assistant, followed closely behind, her face pale and her eyes wide with concern. George, the tech-savvy and witty third member of Lockwood & Co., brought up the rear, his usual swagger replaced by a somber expression.

Lockwood winced as he peeled off his blood-stained gloves, revealing the extent of his injuries. The adrenaline that had fueled him during the mission was now wearing off, leaving him feeling drained and vulnerable. He knew he needed to get patched up before infection set in, but the thought of facing his Aunt Clara on his birthday made him hesitate.

As if on cue, the phone rang, its shrill sound cutting through the heavy silence that hung in the air. Lockwood glanced at Lucy and George, who were both watching him intently. With a sigh, he picked up the receiver and pressed it against his ear.

"Lockwood residence," he said, his voice strained.

"Happy birthday, dear!" Aunt Clara's cheerful voice rang through the line. "I hope you're having a wonderful day!"

Lockwood's heart sank. He couldn't bear to tell his aunt the truth about his dangerous line of work, especially on his birthday. He knew she worried enough about him as it was.

"Oh, Aunt Clara," he replied, forcing a smile into his voice. "I'm having a fantastic day! In fact, I'm just about to have a big party with all my friends."

Lucy and George exchanged puzzled glances, but remained silent, sensing that Lockwood was trying to keep up appearances for his aunt's sake.

"That's wonderful, dear!" Aunt Clara exclaimed. "I'm so glad to hear that. You deserve to have a bit of fun on your special day. Give my love to everyone, won't you?"

Lockwood's smile faltered, guilt gnawing at him. "Of course, Aunt Clara. I'll make sure to pass on your love. Thank you for calling."

As he hung up the phone, Lockwood felt a mix of relief and sadness. He knew he had lied to his aunt, but he also knew that the truth would only worry her more. He turned to Lucy and George, who were still watching him with concern.

"I made up a story about having a party," Lockwood explained, his voice heavy with regret. "I didn't want to worry Aunt Clara."

Lucy nodded understandingly, her eyes filled with compassion. "Lockwood, we all know how much you care about your aunt. It's okay to protect her from the truth sometimes."

George chimed in, his voice laced with his usual sarcasm. "Yeah, besides, we can always throw you a belated birthday bash once you're all patched up and looking less like a walking disaster."

Lockwood managed a weak smile, grateful for the support of his team. They may have faced countless dangers together, but in that moment, he realized that their bond extended far beyond the supernatural. They were a family, and they would always be there for each other, no matter what.

Little did they know, however, that their next mission would test their loyalty and friendship in ways they could never have imagined. As they set out to uncover the secrets of a haunted mansion, they would soon discover that the line between the living and the dead was far more blurred than they had ever anticipated.

And so, Lockwood, Lucy, and George prepared themselves for another harrowing adventure, their resolve unyielding, their spirits unbroken. For in the world of Lockwood & Co., where ghosts and ghouls lurked in the shadows, they were the only ones who could keep the darkness at bay.