Damn

Avery nodded, her voice choked with emotion. "Yes, Gray. I'm crying for you. I can't believe what they did to you. It's not fair."

Gray's expression softened as he looked into Avery's eyes. "Avery, it's just a few cuts and bruises. I'll be fine."

"No, Gray, it's not just that," Avery said, her voice trembling. "It's the fact that they attacked you because of me. Because of that stupid interview. I never wanted any of this to happen."

Gray reached out and gently wiped away a tear from Avery's cheek. "Hey, don't blame yourself. None of this is your fault. It's those idiots who can't handle the fact that we care about each other."

Avery sniffled, trying to compose herself. "But Gray, they hurt you. They hurt the person I care about the most. I can't just stand by and do nothing."

Gray smiled, his eyes filled with warmth. "You're not alone in this, Avery. We're in this together. And I promise you, I'll do whatever it takes to protect you."

Avery's heart swelled with love and gratitude. She knew Gray meant every word. "I know you will, Gray. And I'll do the same for you. We'll face whatever comes our way, no matter how difficult."

Gray finished stitching his wounds and looked up at Avery. "Thank you for being here, Avery. Your presence alone gives me strength."

Avery took a deep breath, trying to steady her voice. "I'll always be here for you, Gray. No matter what happens, I'll stand by your side."

Gray stood up, his wounds now patched up. He pulled Avery into a tight embrace, holding her close. "I love you, Avery. And I'm grateful every day that you're in my life."

Avery hugged him back, tears still streaming down her face. "I love you too, Gray. And I'll never let anyone hurt you again."

As they held each other, their love and determination filled the room. They knew that together, they could overcome any obstacle. And no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them as a team, their bond unbreakable.

Little did they know, their love and strength would be tested in ways they never imagined. But they were ready. Ready to fight for their love, ready to protect each other, and ready to prove that love could conquer all.

And so, as they stood there, embracing each other, they knew that their journey was just beginning. A journey filled with danger, mystery, and the power of love.