Story

Chapter 1: The Princess and Her Bodyguard

Princess Zoe had always been accustomed to a life of luxury and privilege. As the heir to the throne, she was surrounded by opulence and had servants at her beck and call. Gray, her loyal bodyguard, was no exception. He had been assigned to protect her since childhood, but their relationship was far from amicable.

Zoe took great pleasure in tormenting Gray, making him perform arduous tasks and treating him as nothing more than a servant. She reveled in his suffering, finding amusement in his struggles. Gray, on the other hand, remained stoic and dutiful, enduring her whims with unwavering loyalty.

One fateful day, Zoe's disdain for Gray pushed her to the edge. Frustrated with his presence, she decided to run away from the palace. Unbeknownst to her, danger lurked in the shadows of the streets she ventured into. Gray, ever vigilant, followed her closely, his eyes scanning the surroundings for potential threats.

It didn't take long for trouble to find them. A group of thugs, sensing an opportunity, attacked Zoe and Gray. Gray fought valiantly, his skills as a bodyguard on full display. But outnumbered and overwhelmed, he took blow after blow, protecting Zoe at all costs.

When the chaos subsided, Gray was left battered and bruised, his suit torn and stained with his own blood. The most noticeable mark was a jagged cut on his cheekbone, a scar that would forever remind him of that fateful day. Despite his injuries, he wordlessly led Zoe back to the safety of the palace.

Chapter 2: The Scar

As Gray tended to his wounds in solitude, Zoe happened to pass by his room. Curiosity piqued, she paused outside the door, eavesdropping on a conversation between Gray and one of the guards. The guard's gaze fixated on the deep cut on Gray's face, his voice filled with concern.

"Nasty cut there, Gray," the guard remarked, his tone sympathetic. "It'll scar you know. It'll be ugly."

Gray shook his head dismissively, his eyes reflecting a sense of indifference. "Who cares?" he replied, his voice tinged with bitterness. "Protecting Princess Zoe was it?"

The guard nodded, his expression thoughtful. "I suppose it was," he murmured. "But is it worth it? Worth sacrificing your own well-being?"

Gray's response was cold and resolute. "Rather me with the messed up face than her."

With those words, Gray abruptly stood up and left the room, leaving Zoe stunned by his words. She couldn't comprehend why he would willingly endure such pain and disfigurement for her sake. Determined to understand, she sought him out in the palace gardens.

Chapter 3: Confrontation

Zoe found Gray standing alone amidst a sea of blooming flowers, his gaze fixed on the horizon. Approaching him cautiously, she called out his name, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and concern.

"Gray, why did you say that? Why would you choose to bear the scars for me?" she asked, her voice trembling with emotion.

Gray turned to face her, his eyes reflecting a mixture of pain and resolve. "Princess Zoe, you may despise me, but my duty is to protect you," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "I would willingly sacrifice everything for your safety, even if it means bearing the physical scars."

Zoe's eyes welled up with tears as she finally grasped the depth of Gray's devotion. "But why, Gray? Why do you endure my cruelty without complaint?" she questioned, her voice filled with remorse.

Gray's expression softened, his eyes searching hers. "Because, Princess Zoe, beneath your cold exterior, I see a glimmer of kindness and goodness. I believe that one day, you will come to understand the weight of your actions. And until then, I will continue to protect you, scars and all."

As the sun set over the palace, Zoe and Gray stood in silence, the weight of their complicated relationship hanging in the air. Little did they know that their journey had only just begun, and that their paths would intertwine in ways they could never have imagined.